On-Demand Webcast: Available Until February 13, 2014
One purchase gives your entire credit union unlimited access to this webcast until the above expiration date.
Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
NCCOs who submit an affidavit of attendance for this webcast to firstname.lastname@example.org will receive 2 continuing education units.
This is NAFCU’s first webcast in its new CFPB Mortgage Reform Webcast Series.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has recently issued seven new regulations that will significantly impact the way credit unions make mortgage loans to their members. Combined, the new regulations – including the explanatory text – cover 3507 pages. Where do you start? Join NAFCU's Director of Regulatory Compliance, Steve Van Beek, Esq., NCCO, as he walks you through the seven new regulations and how they will impact your credit union's operations.
Van Beek will provide an overview of each regulation and the issues that are most likely to give credit unions headaches. Specifically, he will address the scope and applicability of each rule to help credit unions understand which of their mortgage loans will fall under each regulation. Furthermore, he will explain the finalized exemptions for certain requirements of the CFPB's mortgage servicing regulation.
- An understanding of the thresholds and requirements for "higher-priced mortgage loans" and "high-cost mortgages."
- A thorough discussion of the exemptions from the mortgage servicing requirements – including how to determine which of your mortgage loans to count for the 5000 transaction level and which requirements contain exemptions for small servicers.
- A succinct listing of the effective dates of the new rules (and which ones credit unions should start working on first).
- A wealth of resources to take back to your colleagues as you plan your implementation strategy, including downloadable charts from NAFCU's top-rated compliance team that will help you analyze the new requirements and determine which regulations apply to subordinate lien mortgages or home equity lines of credit (HELOCs), for example.
Industry Leading Speaker:
Steve Van Beek, Esq., NCCO
Director of Regulatory Compliance
Steve Van Beek is the director of regulatory compliance at the National Association of Federal Credit Unions. His main responsibilities include assisting with NAFCU-member compliance issues, speaking at credit union events, writing articles for NAFCU publications, as well as drafting blog posts for the NAFCU Compliance Blog. Prior to his current position, Van Beek served as regulatory compliance counsel at NAFCU.
Who Should Attend?
- CEOs/Presidents and senior staff
- Compliance, legal, paralegal, attorney and risk staff
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- Lending/loan officers
- Mortgage and real estate staff
- Education and learning staff
- Branch officers and managers
- Operations staff
- Quality control staff
- Research staff
- Employee development, HR and training staff
NAFCU's webcasts include live streaming video and audio of the presenters along with presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time and there is no dialing in over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
|NAFCU Member (Webcast Only)
|NAFCU Member (Webcast + CD)
|NAFCU Non-Member (Webcast Only)
|NAFCU Non-Member (Webcast + CD)
On-demand webcasts are available for up to 12 months after the live broadcast and are included in the registration fee.