Below is a listing of open credit union job opportunities submitted by NAFCU member credit unions. To include a job opening on this site, please send the description to Chris Anne Sanyer, NAFCU's Director of Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ms. Sanyer may also be reached by phone at (703) 842-2209.
Assistant General Counsel – Tinker Federal Credit Union
Tinker Federal Credit Union has an immediate opening for a full-time Assistant General Counsel in Oklahoma City. The primary role for this position is to provide legal advice to all levels of staff by identifying and analyzing legal issues, draft documents and memoranda, present recommendations and negotiate agreements ensuring TFCU remains in compliance with applicable laws. This position will also support the General Counsel in addressing compliance issues and employment issues, negotiating agreements and providing sound legal advice to the executive office, the Board, Senior Management and other departments. Negotiate transactions, including but not limited to, agreements and contracts, often involving substantial organizational assets and commitments for TFCU and its subsidiaries. Draft, review, and revise various legal instruments involving the interests of credit union, subsidiaries and members. Keep informed of legislation, regulations, judicial and other legal developments and trends affecting federal credit unions and related matters. Act as a member of management staff, working with other staff to develop goals and strategies in order to meet the objectives set by Senior Management. Provide legal advice and expertise to various departments and special project teams, conforming proposed practices and procedures to legal requirements.
The qualified candidate will possess a Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school; 5 or more years experience in consumer or financial law, real estate, insurance, employment, or bankruptcy and creditor’s rights preferred; good standing member of the Oklahoma Bar Association.
Full benefits are extended to full-time employees. Salary range is $83,370 - $104,215. Apply Online: www.tinkerfcu.org
Credit verification will be evaluated prior to interview. Educational, employment, and professional certifications will be verified for final candidates. Selected candidate is subject to substance/alcohol testing. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Date posted 4/14
Several Positions Available – State Department Federal Credit Union
At State Department Federal Credit Union our mission is to find and retain exceptional people, provide excellent service and achieve extraordinary results for our members! If you are up to the challenge, take a look at the exciting opportunities we have for you!
Please visit our website at www.sdfcu.org
to view position descriptions for the following vacancies:
- Programmer Analyst
- Real Estate Mortgage Closer/Disburser
- Manager, Member Service Center (Call Center)
- Advisory Programmer Analyst
At SDFCU, we benefit from competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Plans the first day after 30 days of employment
- Matched 401K plan including 3% contribution by SDFCU
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Travel Incentive Program
- Casual dress (with the exclusion of Branch positions)
State Department Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Senior Software Developer - Patriot Federal Credit Union
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Patriot Federal Credit Union is seeking an experienced software developer. Qualified candidates will be familiar with database concepts, components, practices, and procedures. You will work closely with a business analyst to modify and test changes to existing software programs and products using text-based and object-oriented design methodologies and product specifications. You will be expected to be able to independently resolve moderately complex production problems across multiple hardware platforms, software packages and programming languages. Successful candidates will possess at least 5 years experience in PowerOn programming and a major object oriented language such as .NET or Java. For confidential consideration please forward your resume to email@example.com
Several Positions – Andrews Federal Credit Union
Director of Marketing
Directs the Strategic Marketing Program of the Credit Union to contribute to the achievement of overall credit union goals. Plans and implements marketing, sales and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets.
Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred with a minimum of seven years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
Ensure all collection activities comply with regulations and credit union policies and procedures. Maintain the credit union’s targeted delinquency and charge off ratios. Identify trends and report on elements of risk including delinquency, bankruptcy, repossessions, and foreclosures. Monitor and coach collectors to achieve monthly performance metrics.Candidates must have proven track record of success as a Collections Manager in a banking environment for five or more years. Dialer experience helpful.
Join our team! Apply online: www.andrewsfcu.org
Lending Support Services Supervisor
Supervises the daily operation of the stateside and overseas collateral documentation, loan servicing, and quality control areas. Performs a variety of servicing and technical support functions, performs queue management, overseas lien perfection and release, coordinates quality control, makes adjustments and corrections to Andrews Federal’s secured consumer loan files and perfecting liens.
Requires five years of loan experience, preferably in a titles and consumer loan servicing environment. 2 or 4 year degree in a business related field. Must have working knowledge of applicable U.S and overseas title rules and requirements. Must have working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to lending (Reg. B, Reg. Z, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Bank Secrecy Act). Must also have progressive supervisory skills. Must have good PC skills to include word processing, report writing, spreadsheets and basic math skills. Must be detail oriented, and have a working knowledge various office equipment such as computer terminal, fax machine, copier, 10 key calculator and telephone. Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Must exhibit exceptional staff and member relation skills.
Under direct supervision, monitors, reviews and verifies assigned General Ledger accounts to ensure accuracy of account balances. Performs daily account analysis and reconciliations and works with Group Vice President, Secondary Markets to ensure secondary market entries accounted for properly.Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting. Minimum five years of related work experience with emphasis on account reconciliation and financial reporting in the mortgage industry. Functional knowledge of GAAP and FASB rules required. Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software with an emphasis on Excel. Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
Join our team! Apply online: www.andrewsfcu.org
Chief Lending Officer
The Chief Lending Officer (CLO) reports directly to the President/CEO and is responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of Andrews Federal Credit Union’s (CU) direct and indirect consumer, mortgage, commercial and education loan programs as well as its lending related compliance, pricing, production, servicing and secondary marketing functions. The CLO develops and executes the credit union’s level lending strategies; directs the processing, underwriting, funding, servicing and secondary marketing of all lending products; develops and administers the credit union’s loan participation program. Also responsible for collection strategies, practices, and results for the CU.
In addition, maintains continued appraisal of general economic conditions. Anticipates changes as they may impact areas of responsibility and the CU overall. Develops, recommends, and implements programs, policies, or procedures commensurate with the situation in order to best utilize the lending function for the CU.
This position directs the CU's loan-to-asset ratio to ensure the improvement of this ratio over the short term, and maintaining a strong ratio over the long term.
Requires seven to ten years similar or related experience with senior management of a financial institution and experience in managing a business, mortgage, and consumer loan portfolio and collections. Extensive involvement within the CU industry is highly desirable. Educational requirement:
Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field). Master’s degree preferred
Consumer Lending Manager
Manages and directs Consumer Lending Operations for the Credit Union. Responsible for organizing and directing the operations of the Consumer Lending Department including policies, procedures, compliance, budget, day-to-day operations, and production relative to the origination, underwriting, processing, closing, and servicing of consumer loans. Manages, evaluates, and coaches a team of originators, servicers and processors. Monitors the rapidly changing legal/regulatory/competitive environment of consumer lending. Proactively manages consumer lending pipeline and processes to ensure timely and accurate loan processing, decisions and closings. Maintains open lines of communication with members, employees and strategic partners to ensure quality loan applications and processes. Coordinates loan process with branches and overseas operations.
Requires an undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent training/experience. Three to five years of recent experience in consumer lending management or related financial services business required. Must have working knowledge in underwriting, processing, closing, and servicing consumer loans. Must have working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to lending including, but not limited to, REG B , ECOA, FCRA, and Reg Z. Must have strong PC skills to include word processing and spreadsheets. Must possess strong technical, quantitative reasoning, problem solving, organization, decision-making, and administrative skills. Must have excellent organizational, mathematical, verbal and written communication skills. Must exhibit exceptional staff and member relation skills. Prior sales experience preferred.
Indirect Loan Officer
Underwrites indirect lending applications from dealerships (automobile/motorcycle/recreational vehicle) within a specified period of time. The incumbent will function as a communication conduit by, and between, the indirect lending area and various internal and external end points on loan related matters. Responsible for providing accurate and timely responses to Dealers regarding the loan decision. Collaborates with the manager to develop strategies to increase dealer participation. Utilizes reports to target indirect dealer business activity. Represents the Credit Union at dealer auto sales, conducting on-site membership sign-ups and cross-selling products and services. Maintains frequent contact with vendors. Provides dealer activity reports.
In addition, you will gather additional documents to ensure the loan package is complete and disbursed.
Requires two years credit union experience with at least one in indirect lending; organizational skills and effective communication skills, including the ability to make presentations; comprehensive knowledge of the financial service market.
Mortgage Servicing Supervisor
Oversee and coordinate all mortgage loan servicing activities including monitoring of subservicer and managing of subservicing relationship. Responsible for performing a variety of tasks including; overseeing delivery of new loans files, investor remittance and reporting, property tax and insurance payments, escrow account analysis, interest rate change notifications/modifications, and payoff processing/reconveyances. Responsible for managing the loan documentation area to ensure completeness of loan files after closing.
Requires a minimum of five years working in residential mortgage loan servicing, specifically with Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac. Preferably 3 years in a management capacity. Must have previous tax, insurance, and escrow experience, as well as investor relations experience. Must have working knowledge of FHA, VA and conventional guidelines for mortgage loan origination and servicing as well as applicable laws and regulations related to lending (e.g. Truth-in-Lending, HMDA, RESPA, ECOA, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Bank Secrecy Act). Knowledge of FICS mortgage origination and servicing software preferred. Must have strong PC skills including word processing and spreadsheets. Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail oriented.
FT and PT Tellers
Assist members in performing various business transactions to include processing deposits and withdrawals, loan payments, money orders, and various other transactions. Provide members with account information and responds to member inquiries.
One year of teller experience or cash handling experience which would have included balancing responsibilities. Prior sales experience is preferred. One year of general office experience. Knowledge of various equipment, including calculator, computer terminal and word processing systems. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Telephone Sales and Service Representative
Respond to inbound calls from members. Assess service and resolve members’ needs. Perform transactions by phone. Promote products and services appropriate to the members’ needs. Assist members with consumer loan products and intake loan applications by phone.
Highly effective customer service and sales skills. Must possess excellent computer navigation skills and a working knowledge of MS Office Word, Outlook, and Excel. Must exhibit excellent organization skills and attention to detail. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
PT Financial Services Representative NW Washington DC
The Financial Service Representative position is responsible for the tactical initiatives as they relate to building member primary relationships, providing world-class service and achieving branch goals. Continually improve financial center and operational performance while remaining committed to the credit union’s core values. Promote and build positive relationships with members and provide solutions to their financial needs. Build positive relationships with other lines of business by interacting with other business units. Demonstrate effective communication with all internal and external business partners, including the retail partner, while effectively communicating upwards and across the organization. Provide solutions to member problems, complaints and dissatisfaction. Apply approved processes to ensure branch security is in alignment with credit union policies and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
Minimum of six months cash handling and balancing experience; one year of, customer service experience which would have included sales responsibility in a goal and/or commission-based environment within the past three years.
Must be available to work Monday- Sunday for 20-30 hours per week.
Date posted 3/14
Member Service Representatives – Washington Gas Light Federal Credit Union
Location – Springfield, VA
Washington Gas Light Federal Credit Union, an $88+ million dollar credit union located in Springfield, Virginia, is looking for experienced Member Service Representatives to perform a broad range of member service activities. This position will be responsible for providing quality member service, cross-selling credit union products and services and processing and balancing each day’s transactions. Applicants should be able to respond to questions and/or provide information upon request from members in person and over the telephone. This position requires the chosen applicants to possess strong verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and the ability to represent the credit union in a courteous and professional manner.
The Credit Union offers an excellent benefits package with above market benefits including free employee medical insurance and a 401K Plan. If you are enthusiastic, reliable and have good people skills, the credit union would like to hear from you.
To apply please contact Sarah E Johnson - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum twelve months financial institution experience
- Previous teller, member service and call center experience preferred
- PC proficient including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: CRT, PC, fax, copier, telephone, postage machine, etc.
Date posted 3/14
Director of Call Center Operations – Apple Federal Credit Union
Location: Fairfax, VA
Apple Federal Credit Union, a dynamic & growing organization with assets in excess of $1.8 billion, seeks a Director of Call Center Operations. The successful candidate is responsible for delivering exceptional service to Apple FCU’s members and for creating a service and sales culture based on integrity selling and motivating staff. We strive to inspire members to promote Apple FCU to family and friends through the delivery of friendly, quality service by well-trained, coached and motivated employees. Our benefits package includes: paid time off, health & dental insurance, supplemental vision, 401(k) savings plan & much more! Satisfactory credit & background check required. To apply, visit our website at www.applefcu.org/careers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for directing a 30 seat call center that handles inbound phone calls and chat for member service calls and consumer loan applications.
- With the assistance of three Team Leaders, directs the day-to-day activities to ensure Apple FCU members receive superior service from a trained, motivated, and professional staff.
- Establishes service, sales and cross-sales goals for the call center and develops supporting plans to reach those goals. Ensures overall service level goals are met.
- Ensures regular, ongoing feedback through quality call monitoring is provided to staff.
- Monitors activity within the department including but not limited to: number of calls, nature and length of calls, waiting period prior to connection, rate of abandonment, staff responsiveness, and member satisfaction. Develops proactive plans and approaches to meet identified needs.
- Analyzes Call Center statistics and provides monthly reports on major benchmark measurements.
- Ensures Call Center staff is member-focused and delivers helpful, friendly, responsive and accurate service to Apple FCU members.
- Ensures that all staff members are knowledgeable of Apple FCU products and services, including all features and benefits, forms, operational procedures, lending guidelines, etc.
- Works with software and hardware providers of telephone system. Identifies and recommends new technologies that will enhance the quality, productivity, and profitability of the Call Center.
- Oversees Call Center Loan Officers. Responsible for ensuring loan applications are processed, decisioned and/or disbursed in a timely manner.
- Provides daily support to the staff as needed. Helps resolve complex member problems, explaining.
- Tracks and responds to all member inquiries regarding service issues throughout the credit union. Supports use of CRM system.
- Works effectively across departments, developing positive, working relationships in a collaborative manner.
- Position reports to VP of Service Delivery.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years call center leadership experience, preferably in credit union, banking or financial services.
- BA degree, preferably in Business, Finance, or related field.
- Good knowledge of ACD systems, IVRs and call center reporting and metrics.
- Familiarity with quality monitoring programs.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop employees through coaching, motivation, problem solving and action plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of credit union products, services, policies, and procedures preferred.
- Strong organization skills with ability to manage day-to-day operations and small projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Date posted 3/14
CEO – Duke University Federal Credit Union
Location: Durham, NC
Duke University Federal Credit Union in Durham, NC is searching for a new CEO to succeed the incumbent who will retire on January 1, 2015. The Board of Directors is seeking an exceptional leader to provide vision, direction, and guidance of credit union activities while overseeing the safety and soundness of the credit union's financial structure. This individual must have a proven track record of excellence as a CEO or senior management team member, inclusive leadership abilities, a high level of integrity and trust, and excellent communication skills. The successful candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and Senior Management staff in refining the strategic direction of the credit union, ensuring short and long term financial health, and adhering to regulatory compliance. Sponsored by the world-renowned Duke University and the Duke University Health System, the credit union has $100 million in assets and serves approximately 16,000 members, primarily in the vibrant Research Triangle area.
The credit union is financially strong with an experienced and collaborative senior management team and Board of Directors. A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field is required and an advanced degree and CPA/CFA certification are preferred.
For a full job description, please follow this link: http://www.hr.duke.edu/jobs/apply/external.php?reqid=59212BR
Qualified candidates may apply by May 15, 2014 by clicking the link above to submit your résumé and cover letter in confidence to Duke University Human Resources.
In your cover letter, please address these points:
- Briefly tell us why your background and experience make you the best choice for the President/CEO position.
- Why you want this position.
- Discuss the role a CEO plays in vision and strategy development.
Date posted 3/14
Lending Services Manager – The Partnership Federal Credit Union
Location: Arlington, VA
The Partnership Federal Credit Union proudly serves the employees of the FDIC, NSF, Fannie Mae and other select government agencies. As a member-owned cooperative, we deliver personal financial products, services, and education that allows members to obtain the financial knowledge required to develop financial plans tailored to their goals and objectives. The Partnership FCU is currently recruiting for the full time position titled Lending Services Manager. The Lending Services Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating delivery of all lending services and activities within the Credit Union. The Lending Services Manager also participates in the general management of the organization as member of the Senior Management Team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Directs and monitors lending operations to insure they meet organizational goals and objectives. Monitors product delivery quality and takes action to resolve problems.
- Directs, develops, motivates, hires and disciplines lending personnel; administers performance evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions.
- Participates as a working manager by implementing tactical plans of the Lending business unit.
- Develops, proposes, gains acceptance for, implements, and/or assist in lending program policy and strategy; supports activities related to new product development with respect to lending programs and promotions which result in increased product penetration by members.
- Ensures the credit union is in compliance with all lending regulations; develops procedural changes as compliance requires or new programs demand.
- Handles member and staff complaints professionally and courteously.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
The best candidates will possess:
- A two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
- Two years to five years of similar or related experience, must have supervisory experience.
- Must be eligible to register as a mortgage loan originator.
- Excellent communication skills including telephone, written and verbal/interpersonal skills.
- Must have in depth understanding of and ability to interpret regulations affecting lending programs.
- Extensive knowledge of consumer and real estate lending practices and procedures.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work and manage time to complete assignments
- Ability to manage special projects utilizing project management methodology is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
At The Partnership Federal Credit Union, employees enjoy a highly competitive compensation program, comprehensive employee benefit plan options, and a work environment that is stimulating and team-oriented. Benefits include access to a state of the art on-site health club facility, commuter benefit reimbursement, flexible work schedules, and ample opportunity for professional growth and recognition. Our Arlington, VA headquarters, as well as our other branches located in the Washington DC area, are all conveniently located to business services and public transportation.
The Partnership Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We select candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this available position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to HR@ThePartnershipFCU.com. Please indicate the title of the position you are inquiring in the subject line of the email. Inquiries without this information will not be considered.
Date posted 3/14
Branch Supervisor - DVA Federal Credit Union
Location: Washington, DC
DVA Federal Credit Union is currently recruiting for the position of Branch Supervisor for our Washington DC branch.
Manages the daily operations of the branch. Supervises and trains branch personnel. Ensures the branch meets organization, service, and membership growth goals. Responsible for the loan activity within the branch, ensuring loans are processed in a timely manner, and that the loan goals are met.
Two to Five years of similar or related job experience. Excellent member service, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
Date posted 3/14
President/CEO – Arlington Community Federal Credit Union
Location: Arlington, VA
Arlington Community Federal Credit Union (ACFCU), a $215 million dollar community based credit union located in Arlington, Virginia, is searching for a new Chief Executive Officer to replace the retiring incumbent. Under the direction of the Board of Directors, this individual will have full responsibility and general control over the administration and operation of the credit union through its management and staff. This person will be expected to provide inclusive leadership to a cohesive team that is committed to service excellence, financial stability, an exceptional workplace culture, and a strong community presence. The ideal candidate will be confident, innovative, visionary, driven and inspiring.
- Responsible for the strategic direction and growth of the organization in the successful fulfillment of the mission and strategic vision;
- Providing leadership, vision and focus to management and staff to ensure long term viability of the Credit Union;
- Working collaboratively with the Board of Directors and Senior Management staff in refining the strategic direction of the credit union, ensuring short and long term financial health, adhering to regulatory compliance, expanding market share, overseeing multiple functions (including finance/accounting, lending and deposit operations, information technology, marketing/business development, human resources, organizational development, etc.)
- Serving as a member of appropriate committees and CUSO Boards (e.g., ALCO, wealth management, mortgage lending, business services, etc.);
- Implementing all policy directives from the board, delegating authority to ensure effective performance of assigned functions;
- Will ensure results by modeling the core values and building on the culture of excellence.
- Experienced in driving growth at a financial institution
- Strong leadership skills, including creative problem solving, teambuilding, exceptional communication skills, and strategic planning;
- Experience with financial services regulation and regulators;
- History of participation in community events, credit union industry and service organizations; and;
- A bachelor's degree with a minimum of ten years progressive management experience and five years' experience in an executive role is required. Master’s degree in business strongly preferred.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary and rich benefit package.
Date posted 2/14
Manager of Member Service and Administrative Support - Cinfed Credit Union
Location - Cincinnati Ohio
The Manager of Member Service and Administrative Support position offers a unique, professional opportunity for an experienced Branch Manager. This is an excellent position for a highly motivated individual looking for a new challenge that extends beyond the scope of a traditional branch manager.
There are three distinct areas of responsibility for this position:
- Managing a transactional branch which includes coaching and developing the Tellers and Member Services Representatives.
- Organizing policies and documenting operational procedures to improve service delivery and promote consistency across all delivery channels.
- Providing high level administrative support for the Board of Directors and CEO.
The ideal candidate will have a college degree or a comparable level of education, training and experience; at least two years of similar or related experience within a financial institution; extensive knowledge of branch functions, policies and procedures; excellent written and oral communication skills; proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); strong organizational skills and attention to detail; professional demeanor; and the ability to manage confidential information.
Cinfed Credit Union offers competitive pay and benefits. If you want to work for an organization that values its employees and you are committed to helping create Remarkable Possibilities for our members, please forward your cover letter, resume and salary requirement to Cinfed Credit Union, 550 Main Street Room #5510, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202, or email@example.com
Pre-employment background check required. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/D/V
Date posted 2/14
Assistant Collections Manager – Apple Federal Credit Union
Apple Federal Credit Union is seeking an Assistant Collections Manager. The Assistant Collections Manager performs a variety of duties as delegated by Director of Collections to direct, supervise and coordinate the day to day operations of the Collections Department to minimize the delinquency levels of loans and credit cards and maximize the charge-off recovery in compliance with state and federal regulations and Apple Federal Credit Union policies and procedures. Performs all the duties of a Collector including telephone or mail collection notices to delinquent accounts in an effort to resolve the delinquent status. Maintains related records and summaries of delinquent account activity. Is responsible for maintaining delinquent accounts at acceptable levels, and must possess the interpersonal skills to discuss sensitive financial situations in a tactful manner to resolve the delinquent status and yet maintain positive member relations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises trains, schedules, assigns work to, and counsels subordinate staff members, while maintaining required documentation. Provides ongoing performance feedback and completes performance reviews on a timely basis. Manages day to day priorities and activities of Collection Department.
- Performs all the duties of a Collector including but not limited to: counseling members with delinquent loans using specific knowledge of Apple FCU guidelines, NCUA policies, as well as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to maintain good relationships with delinquent members and yet avoid losses.
- Gather information regarding delinquent loan activity for the Collection Manager. Responsible for preparing a variety of reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc. basis, and for recommending policy and developing procedures to assure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- In conjunction with the Collection Manager and/or in his/her absence recommends which accounts to charge off, repossession, legal action, settlements on charged off accounts, freezing shares for delinquent purposes, and when necessary, works with the credit union-approved collection attorney to collect accounts through legal means.
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to to credit union policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Performs other Management and/or Collection related duties as assigned by the Collection Manager.
Education and Experience
- Four Year College Degree
- College coursework in Business and/or Finance helpful but not required.
- Five to eight years experience working with mortgage loan, consumer loan and credit card collections and delinquencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and specific knowledge of credit and lending policies and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deal with difficult members, resolve problems and work well under pressure.
- Satisfactory credit and ability to pass a background check required.
Date posted 2/14
Corporate Sales Representative - Insuritas
Are you a self-starter looking for a challenging career in the Insurance industry? Are you interested in doing business in a completely different way? Insuritas is the place for you. We are looking for individuals who want to join a company that is changing how insurance is marketed to consumers. As an Insuritas Corporate Sales Representative, you’ll enjoy disrupting the insurance industry while being rewarded for your efforts and earning a great income!
This is a remote B2B outside sales position that reports into the home office and requires extensive travel. This individual will be responsible for cultivating corporate accounts within the bank and credit union channel. This position is highly customer and market centric, and requires extensive and deep knowledge of both the industry and sales management strategies.
- Excited by the idea of changing the way consumers buy insurance
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced organization
- Must be a self-motivated, dynamic team player that wants to be part of something bigger than just his/her "job"
- Passion, fearlessness and the ability to effectively create a "WOW" sales experience at the C-Suite level of financial institutions
- Extensive experience in a similar role within the finance industry, with strong leadership, strategic selling, negotiating and financial project management skills
- Ability & drive to develop your client base by researching, prospecting, cold calling and closing.
- Strong presentation building skills, including the use of various media elements such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Be familiar with the use of the iPad and iPad applications and web ex based communications. Experience using a CRM package.
- Verifiable track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas
- Highly organized, detail oriented individual possessing a strong work ethic, willingness to learn and ability to work independently
- Commitment to meet specific quota expectations on a monthly basis
- Effective networker and experienced cold-caller, Proven ability to demonstrate ROI to clients
- Diligent management of the sales cycle to close of sale
Date posted 1/14
IT Manager, Systems & Operations – GEICO Federal Credit Union
GEICO Federal Credit Union is seeking a Systems & Operations Manager of Information Technology with a minimum of five years experience in managing a banking/credit union IT department. Leads and manages the Information Technology Department and responsible for organizing, planning, overseeing, and coordinating all aspects of information technology for the Credit Union. Develops, applies and evaluates policies and procedures for the department and maintains updated data processing manuals and documentation. Responsible for installing, upgrading and maintaining all computer hardware and software. Assumes responsibility for development and implementation of effective IT planning and strategies and oversees planning, documentation and implementation of a comprehensive disaster recovery business strategy. Maintains a high level of current knowledge of all information technology developments and innovations in the area of systems and information security, hardware, software, telecommunications equipment, data and voice communications and emerging trends, techniques and applications. We are looking for dynamic, self-motivated, customer focused individual to join the Credit Union team to deliver a top-rated banking experience for our members.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with financial system operations, as well as with accounting, managing technical staff, and online banking is preferred.
- Experience with core financial solutions is a plus.
- Must be familiar with and able to use general office equipment and Microsoft software applications.
- Five plus years of financial institution management experience in information services and operations.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Individual must be an organized, motivated, self-starter who can work in a hands-on, member service oriented, fast-paced environment.
Date posted 1/14
Sales Assistant – NRL Federal Credit Union
Role: Handle all of the
administrative duties for the financial services department and its registered
representatives. Perform tasks of a clerical and sales nature to include:
conducting client transactions, client contact, follow up, seeking new clients
for the registered reps, scheduling and preparing for appointments for new and
returning clients, preparing for educational seminars and more.
- Two to five years of similar or related experience.
Experience in an investments support position highly preferred.
- Series 6 or 7 and 63 licenses required within six months
- Equivalent to a two-year college degree or
completion of a specialized course of study at a business or
- Completion of seminars and workshops in the Credit Union industry.
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job,
requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining
cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to express ideas and
procedures clearly and concisely; ability to work with highly confidential
- Knowledge and proficient use of computer applications to include spreadsheet
and word processing programs; excellent organizational skills; must be
- Exhibit an advanced level of performance, learn quickly and require minimal
To apply please submit your
application on our site here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8104281
Director, Business Development - First Financial Federal Credit Union
Location: Wall Township, NJ 07719
Requires a passion for creating excellent member experiences. Responsible for developing and implementing programs to attract new business and deepen relationships with existing member partnerships.
- Researches existing Select Employee Groups (SEGs) to develop best program design to increase penetration of existing SEG partnerships.
- Conducts research of potential SEGs and recommends new SEGs/Partnerships
- Tracks and measures SEG growth
- Maintains SEG portal and database
- Develops and coordinates membership drive
- Provides monthly reports of activity, results and roadblocks
- Meets with SEGs to set up direct deposit or payroll deduction program
- Coordinates periodic “thank you” and training receptions for SEGs and/or Ambassadors
- Responsible for attending key civic and business meetings in Monmouth and Ocean Counties
- Recommends marketing programs and works closely with Marketing to accomplish programs.
- Creates and implements an annual Business Development Plan
- Manages and mentors staff
- Researches, develops and maintains small business account relationships
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 5 years related experience
- Relationship builder requires outstanding interpersonal skills; diplomacy
- Exceptional sales skills; self motivated
- Strong presentation skills and public speaking skills
- Must have a flexible schedule for evening meetings and occasional weekend special events
As a First Financial employee, you'll enjoy a challenging work environment. We offer a great benefit package including Medical, Dental, Rx, Vision, Life Ins. and Retirement Plan. Please visit our website at: http://www.firstffcu.com/
Date posted 1/14
Chief Financial Officer – Insight Credit Union
Location: Orlando, FL
Salary Range: $111,250.00 to $133,500.00 based on experience
Description: To direct the financial affairs of the Credit Union; to establish major economic and financial objectives and policies for the Credit Union. Advise President and Board Directors with respect to financial reporting, planning, practices, financial stability and liquidity and financial growth.
Qualifications: Experience: Eight to ten years similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree and a professional certificate or a graduate degree.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and a high level of interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position. Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of problems, material presentations, and resolving issues impacting departments or divisions.
1. Requires a degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting.
2. Excellent analytical skills, people skills, and self-direction are required.
3. Must be proficient with PC accounting, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
4. Background in bank data processing systems preferred.
5. Knowledge of Harland UltraData Core System and ProfitStars Financial Software preferred.
Date posted - 1/14
Member Service Representative II – Prince George’s Community Federal Credit Union
Starting salary $16.26
Located at Bowie, MD Branch
Work a minimum of 40hrs/week, with some Saturday hours (8:30 am – 1:30 pm)
Full-time benefits (health, dental, vision) offered
As a Member Service Representative, you must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment (lines of members, numerous phone calls, complicated member issues, etc.) Additionally, you must have the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in interpreting policies and procedures. As the face of the credit union, this position requires strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills, as well as, the responsibility to project a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Consistently upholds the mission, vision, and core values of the credit union
- Demonstrates the ability to interact in a professional, respectful and dignified manner, in all situations
- Provides exceptional member service
- Maintains a complete understanding of all products and services and demonstrates the ability to identify and match those products and services with member needs
- Ensures member satisfaction and is able to coach others around them
- Must have the ability to mentor fellow MSR’s
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum four years of teller or member service in a credit union or retail environment is preferred
- Sales excellence
- Strong written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to pass a background/credit check
- Reliable transportation
Date posted 12/13
Credit Union President/C.E.O. - Norfolk Municipal Employees Federal Credit Union
Location: Norfolk, VA
An exceptional leadership opportunity awaits the new President & Chief Executive Officer of Norfolk Municipal Employees Federal Credit Union (NMEFCU). The qualified applicant must be a self-directed individual with strong management skills, credit union experience, and the ability to implement the credit union’s vision and goals.
A Bachelor’s degree from four-year accredited college or university is preferred. Five to ten years of experience in investments, accounting and supervising is desired, preferably in a Credit Union. Previous experience as a CEO or CFO in a credit union is beneficial. Sound knowledge of credit union accounting fundamentals is critical to the success of this position. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to supervise, train and lead an effective team.
- Manage the overall performance of this $26M Credit Union
- Prepare financial projections and detailed budget.
- Prepare monthly financial reports to the Board of Directors, and quarterly and semi-annual financial reports to regulators.
- Prepare financial and operational trend analysis for Board of Directors.
- Manage the Credit Union's investment portfolio.
- Update policies and procedures for compliance with National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) regulations.
- Interact with NCUA examiner, Supervisor of examiners, and regional directors.
- Ensure compliance with NCUA policies.
- Represent the Credit Union in the community.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Participate in goal setting and ensure implementation of the board’s vision and direction..
- Additional duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Salary range is $55,000-$75,000. If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to NMEFCU, 810 Union St, Rm 176, Norfolk VA 23510 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please no phone calls. NMEFCU is a drug-free workplace. The deadline to apply is 02/04/2014. EOE
Date posted 12/13
Business Development Officer - CU Strategic Services
CU Strategic Services is seeking a sales professional for the position of Business Development Officer that will work out of our Woodbridge office. In this position, the incumbent will be responsible for the development and maintaining of relationships with member business account holders. Also, identifying opportunities and initiating activities to sell member business accounts, member business loan products and services to best represent our credit union clients.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Identifies opportunities and initiates activities to market the member business loan services offered by our respective credit union clients to potential member business clients. .
- Contacts major commercial accounts to foster new relationships and potential clients.
- Maintains high product knowledge by learning new selling techniques, new products and market trends.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sell services to member business accounts holders through in-person sales sessions as well as by telephone, written correspondence, and external sales calls.
- Assists in the development of promotional strategies to meet business development goals; develop promotional materials.
- Represents credit union clients at various functions to develop business relationships.
- Conducts training sessions for Credit Union employees to enhance their awareness of the business development plan and services available to existing and potential member business account holders.
- Establishing and maintaining continuous guidance on commercial lending policies and procedures.
- Provides feedback regarding commercial account holders concerns, quality issues and product acceptance. Recommends solutions to problems, product enhancements and operational changes when applicable.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred.
- Two (2) year’s general work experience and three (3) year’s specialized experience required.
- Financial services experience required.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and present formal material to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage time well and accomplish tasks with little or no direct supervision.
- Proficiency with PC applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Familiarity with customer relationship database software preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required. Outgoing, friendly, professional attitude required. Public speaking confidence required.
This position offers an opportunity to join a growing and dynamic organization that encourages innovation, creative thinking and professional growth. USSFCU offers competitive salaries, bonuses and excellent benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you meet the requirements for this position and desire to apply, there are four (4) ways to submit your cover letter and resume:
- Email to email@example.com
- Fax to 703-329-5355
- Mail to United States Senate Federal Credit Union, Human Resources Department, 2750 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Complete the fillable application form online at www.ussfcu.org/jobs.php then send via Email, Fax or Mail
Date posted 12/13
IT Professional – NRL Federal Credit Union
Are you a highly-motivated team member with a good understanding of writing SQL Code, a familiarity with Oracle and the ability to present results using different reporting tools and formats. NRL Federal Credit Union may be the place for you! We are looking for a great professional with IT experience to fill our Alexandria, VA location. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to work in high-pressure environments and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Responsible for design, build and maintenance of reports and reporting data.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Produce reports and data extracts from the Core Processing, lending and deposit systems.
Utilize multiple report writing software solutions and tools.
Provide data analysis support to Credit Union staff.
Obtain knowledge of Credit Union data and data structures that support business processes.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves self-motivation and the ability to interact effectively and personable with a team.
Toad, SQL Navigator, Oracle SQL Developer or other universal SQL development IDE. MS Access, Paradox, Open Office or other desktop database. MS Excel presentation quality spreadsheets.
Date posted 12/13
Lending Manager – First Financial Federal Credit Union
Location: 1800 Highway 34, Wall, New Jersey 07719
- Manages Lending Center including the Mortgage Department
- Records Management and Collections
- Responsible for scheduling, coaching and performance of staff
- Responds to questions concerning all aspects of lending from various sources, such as members, managers, staff members, and other sources
- Responsible for producing good quality loans and maintaining the high standard of member service while achieving a high profit margin on the loan portfolio
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Interviews loan applicants, gathering the required information for a credit application, explaining loan options, rates, terms, and collateral requirements, and arranging notification and disbursement dates
- May underwrite loan applications analyzing the information obtained
- Makes the decision to grant or deny a credit request and communicates decision to applicants.
- Monitors issued loans and contacts delinquent accounts as required.
- Responds to telephone inquiries explaining loan procedures, providing technical assistance, answering questions concerning loan rates, terms, and related matters; and processing loans
- Handles member complaints
- Explains loan collection procedure and policy, loan policy and payroll deduction
- Provides technical assistance to entire Credit Union staff
- May assist in servicing loans by processing such items as payoffs, refinances, problem loan work-out arrangements, and changes of address
- Approves workout payment plans with delinquent members and potential delinquent members.
- Monitors outside vendors for effectiveness
- May attend and represent Credit Union in legal proceedings when necessary
- Monitors all relevant general ledger accounts pertaining to lending and collections
- Assists in preparing the budget for mortgage, loan and records management department
- Prepares month end collection and statistical reports for management
- Supervises up to eight (8) direct reports
- College degree desirable
- Previous experience supervising a staff of at least five (5)
- Heavy experience and thorough knowledge of consumer and mortgage loan processing and origination functions.
- Must have strong organizational and management skills
Qualified Candidates may email resume to Helga Britton at: firstname.lastname@example.org/. Please put “Lending Manager" in the subject line. Include salary history and/or requirements. Relocation not provided.
Date posted 12/13
Compensation Administrator – Tinker Federal Credit Union
Tinker Federal Credit Union is seeking candidates for a full-time Compensation Administrator position. This position is responsible for the development, implementation, communication and administration all aspects of the credit union’s salary administration program for all employees including base and variable pay programs, annual merit adjustments, placement adjustments, corporate incentive and sales and service-based incentives.
The Compensation Administrator will serve as the primary liaison with the compensation consultant; recommend annual merit and salary structure adjustments using market analysis to maintain a consistent and equitable measure of job worth internally and externally; complete wage and salary survey data to facilitate market analysis; create job descriptions and determine exempt/non-exempt status per the Fair Labor Standards Act; and develop and implement a performance management system.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or related field; plus one to three years’ salary administration experience utilizing the Hay Group methodology preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Full benefits are extended to all full-time employees. Salary range $42,260 - 52,829. No relocation stipend will be provided.
Credit verification will be verified prior to interview. Education, employment, and professional certifications will be verified for final candidates. Selected candidate is subject to substance/alcohol testing. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We promote a substance-free workplace: “Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”
Date posted 12/13