Oct. 30, 2012 – NAFCU’s offices, like federal offices, remain closed today due to the severe weather conditions wrought by Hurricane Sandy but will continue to deal with member inquiries, distribution of news, facilities management and more as long as resources allow.
The association follows the federal government on closings and late-arrival policies in cases of severe weather. The federal Office of Personnel Management announced closures of federal offices for Monday and today. Where able, NAFCU staff will monitor email throughout the day.
Many of the association’s staff were able to conduct business remotely. For example:
- Government affairs staff remained in contact with staff and Hill offices via email. The regulatory compliance staff assisted credit unions with compliance issues, and the NAFCU Compliance Blog sent its daily email out Monday to more than 4,000 recipients.
- Membership staff continued to assist members via phone and email.
- NAFCU Today delivered the morning’s news stories, public relations staff answered media inquiries and new stories were being prepared for Tuesday.
- The NAFCU premises are in good shape, with facilities staff checking for any storm-related issues and the information technology team monitoring network operations.
- The Musings From the CU Suite blog will post tomorrow, as will the NAFCU Compliance Blog.
NAFCU Services staff also hosted a live webinar remotely with Biz2Credit, which drew 60 registrants.