Sept. 13, 2012 – The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on Wednesday announced its selection of 15 credit union representatives – including four nominated by NAFCU – to its Credit Union Advisory Council, which will be providing direct feedback to CFPB on its policy development, research, rulemaking and engagement functions.
NAFCU nominees (and members) John Buckley of Gerber FCU (Mich.), Mitch Klein of Police and Firemen FCU (Pa.), Camille Shillenn of Unified People’s CU (Wyo.) and David Wright of Services Center FCU (S.D.) were among those named to the Credit Union Advisory Council.
The Credit Union Advisory Council has 15 members from credit unions having assets of $10 billion or less. The remaining members are:
- Bernard Balsis, IEG FCU, Hawaii
- Rose Bartolomucci, Towpath CU, Ohio
- Gary Bell, Cooperative FCU, Calif.
- Carla Decker, District Government Employees FCU, Washington, D.C.
- Ron Ehrenreich, Syracuse Cooperative FCU, N.Y.
- Kevin Foster-Keddie, Washington State Employees CU, Wash.
- Lily Lo, Northeast Community FCU, Calif.
- Maria Martinez, Border Federal CU, Texas
- Marcus Schaefer, Truliant FCU, N.C.
- Helen Godfrey Smith, Shreveport FCU, La.
- Gregg Stockdale, 1st Valley CU, Calif.
The council's charter terminates two years after the first meeting is held. The group is set to meet for the first time on Oct. 11.
The CFPB on Wednesday also named its Community Bank Advisory Council members and members of the new Consumer Advisory Board. More information is online.