Sept. 14, 2012 – Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif., the chief sponsor of a House bill to increase credit unions’ member business lending authority, will speak to credit unions today during the closing general session of the NAFCU Congressional Caucus in Washington.
The Congressional Caucus, NAFCU’s credit union lobbying event of the year, has brought credit union representatives and members of Congress together this week for discussion of key issues affecting credit union members in lawmakers’ home districts.
Royce is a member of the House Financial Services Committee and also sits on the Financial Institutions Subcommittee and Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises.
In addition, today’s Caucus speaker slate includes:
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., chair of the Democratic National Committee, vice chair of the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee and member of the House Budget Committee;
- Rep. John Barrow, D-Ga., policy co-chair for the Blue Dog Coalition and a member of the House on Energy and Commerce and Veterans’ Affairs Committees;
- Rep. Steve Chabot, R-Ohio, member of the House Small Business and Judiciary Committees and chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on the Middle East and South Asia;
- Theodore Tozer, president of Ginnie Mae;
- Carol Galante, acting commissioner of the Federal Housing Administration;
- NCUA Board Member Gigi Hyland;
- Rep. Patrick McHenry, R-N.C., member of the House Financial Services Committee and chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on TARP, Financial Services and Bailouts of Public and Private Programs;
- Rep. Randy Neugebauer, R-Texas, chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations and member of the Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises;
- Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., chairman of the Republican Policy Committee and member of the House Budget Committee and Ways and Means Committee;
- Rep. Allen West, R-Fla., member of the Republican Study Committee and member of the House Small Business and Armed Services Committees.
More Congressional Caucus coverage: