Countdown to Caucus: Perlmutter and Pittenger to speak
Aug. 28, 2013 – Reps. Ed Perlmutter, D-Colo., and Robert Pittenger, R-N.C., have joined the list of speakers for NAFCU’s Congressional Caucus – a week and a half away.
Perlmutter and Pittenger are both members of the House Financial Services Committee. They join several prominent speakers scheduled for the week, including: Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., Financial Crimes Enforcement Network Deputy Director Frederick Reynolds, NCUA Board Member Michael Fryzel and Fannie Mae President and CEO Timothy Mayopoulos. Paul Begala, noted political analyst and columnist, will give the keynote address.
Also on the speaker slate are:
- Ted Tozer, the president of Ginnie Mae
- Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C.;
- Sen. David Vitter, R-La.;
- Sen. Joe Donnelly, D-Ind.;
- Rep. Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va.;
- Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va.;
- Rep. Patrick McHenry, R-N.C.;
- Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif.
- Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y.;
- Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Calif.;
- Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif.;
- Rep. Adrian Smith, R-Neb.;
- Rep. Robert Hurt, R-Va.;
- Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer, R-Mo.; and
- Rep. Patrick Murphy, D-Fla.
Credit union representatives attending this year’s Caucus will attend three days of general sessions on key issues facing the industry – among them the credit union federal income tax exemption, regulatory relief and housing finance reform – and will be discussing their concerns about those issues with lawmakers in their Capitol Hill offices. Members and nonmembers may register.
NAFCU Congressional Caucus