CU Industry Trends gives results by region, state
Dec. 10, 2013 – NAFCU members can see how third-quarter results varied throughout the regions and in individual states in NAFCU’s CU Industry Trends report, which was published online Monday.
The report crunches the data from the third-quarter call reports, which showed ongoing growth overall in membership, loan-to-share ratio and loan quality in the quarter ending Sept. 30. Rising non-interest income and declining expenses helped sustain net spreads, the report shows.
The Trends report shows growth and performance of credit union portfolios improving across all regions. In selected 3Q year-over-year results:
- Membership growth continued at its highest rate in 10 years. The greatest growth rates were in Idaho (8.9 percent), Virginia (7.8 percent) and Wisconsin (6 percent).
- Share growth was highest in Iowa (9 percent), Idaho (8.5 percent) and North Dakota (7.5 percent).
- Loan growth was highest in Idaho (15.2 percent), Rhode Island (12.6 percent) and Oklahoma (12.4 percent).
- Loan quality has returned to pre-recession levels.
- Credit union mortgage originations and market share more than doubled since the start of the recession.
The CU Industry Trends report, produced quarterly by NAFCU’s research division, is provided free as a benefit of membership in NAFCU.
CU Industry Trends