Feb. 15, 2013 – Eleven candidates were selected by the NAFCU Nominating Committee this week for this year’s association board elections affecting six of the association’s 11 board seats.
The slate will be included on nominating ballots scheduled to go into the mail to NAFCU member credit unions March 11. Members will be able to place additional candidates on the nominating ballot by write-in. The signed ballots will be due back by March 25.
“A large number of candidates is a good sign for an association,” said NAFCU President and CEO Fred Becker. “This year’s board election clearly shows that our members are engaged and see value in NAFCU.”
Three at-large seats and the Regions II, IV and V seats are affected in this year’s election cycle. Candidates on the Nominating Committee slate include:
- Region II: Martin Breland (incumbent), CEO of Tower FCU (Md.)
- Region IV: Rod Taylor (incumbent), CEO of Barksdale FCU (La.)
- Region V: Richard Harris (incumbent), CEO of Caltech Employees FCU (Calif.)
- Curtis Collins, volunteer at JSC FCU (Texas)
- Janet Larson, volunteer at SunState FCU (Fla.)
- Joe Newberry, CEO of Redstone FCU (Ala.)
- James Riederer, CEO of CME FCU (Ohio)
- Jan Roche, CEO of State Department FCU (Va.)
- Issa Stephan, CEO of First Financial FCU (N.J.)
- Ed Templeton (incumbent), CEO of SRP FCU (S.C.)
- Daniel Weickenand, CEO of Orion FCU (Tenn.)
Frank Berrish and Bob Marquette, both at-large directors for NAFCU, will leave their board posts this year. Berrish has chosen not to seek reelection, and Marquette this year will complete his third consecutive three-year term, the maximum permitted under the NAFCU Bylaws.