Jan. 16, 2013 – Rep. Pat Tiberi, R-Ohio, continues his role as chairman of the House Ways and Means Subcommittee on Select Revenue Measures, full committee Chairman Dave Camp, R-Mich., said in an announcement Tuesday.
Reps. Charles Boustany, R-La., and Sam Johnson, R-Texas, will also continue to chair the oversight and Social Security subcommittees, respectively. Newly named as subcommittee chairs are Reps. Kevin Brady, R-Texas, health subcommittee; Dave Reichert, R-Wash., human resources; and Devin Nunes, R-Calif., trade.
The subcommittees’ ranking members were also named:
- Rep. Jim McDermott, D-W.Va., health subcommittee;
- Rep. Lloyd Doggett, D-Texas, human resources;
- Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., oversight;
- Rep. Richard Neal, D-Mass., select revenue measures;
- Rep. Xavier Becerra, D-Calif., Social Security;
- Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., trade.
The select revenue measures panel could be key for credit unions in the coming year as debate continues on deficit reduction and tax reform. This subcommittee takes its assignments to review legislation specifically from the full committee chairman. NAFCU is working with preservation of credit unions’ exemption from federal corporate income tax as its top legislative priority in the year ahead.