Jan. 14, 2013 – NCUA is hosting a free webinar Jan. 23 on ways low-income-designated credit unions can improve and increase their service to low-income members.
The webinar, set for 2 p.m. Eastern, is being led by NCUA’s Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives. Staff from the NCUA Office of Consumer Protection will also participate.
Staff will talk about better service to low-income members and will present sample products and services designed to meet the needs of these members. Topics addressed include:
- how to strategically assess current services to low-income membership;
- changes that can improve services in light of our low-income concentration;
- how the low-income designation enhance a credit union’s reputation and outreach;
- which product and service additions might better serve low-income members;
- what regulatory issues low-income credit unions should monitor when using benefits like non-member deposits and secondary capital.
Registration is open now. participants may submit questions in advance at WebinarQuestions@ncua.gov. The subject line of the email should read “Low-Income Strategies Webinar.”
For answers to technical questions about accessing the webinar, dial 703-518-6440.