MLI attendees look to future trends, needs
The 2013 Management and Leadership Institute (class picture above) sold out again; MLI returns to Philadelphia in 2014.
Oct. 11, 2013 – Credit union leaders attending NAFCU’s sold-out Management and Leadership Institute in Philadelphia spent the week immersed in learning and discussion about leadership, operations and effective networking as they sought to build a foundation for success.
This year’s MLI, at Lowe’s Philadelphia Hotel, included a full-day “Leader of the Future” workshop with John Spence, one of the nation’s top executive educators. The workshop, held Monday, addressed the building blocks of an outstanding credit union leader and how to develop a culture within the credit union operation that attracts and retains top talent.
Additional speakers this week included:
- NAFCU Executive Vice President and COO Anthony Demangone, with a look at “20 ideas in 60 minutes”;
- Lee Fogle, president and CEO of Duke University FCU, with a look at the “world of the CEO” and future challenges for credit union leaders;
- Stacey Hanke, communication expert, author and founder of Stacey Hanke Inc., on effective executive communication;
- Andy Janning, president and founder of NO NET Solutions and expert in organizational development, on transforming one’s credit union and career;
- Deedee Myers, founder and CEO of DDJL Myers Ltd., on career development and leadership presence;
- Matt Stratton, senior vice president of marketing at Tinker FCU, on the essentials of credit union marketing; and
- Glenn Strebe, president and CEO of Air Academy FCU, on credit union financial management and the roles of credit union board and management.
This week’s program ends today with a morning of group project presentations. Next year’s MLI, Oct. 6-10, returns to Philadelphia.
"Five Reasons I Love MLI," Musings from the CU Suite blog
"MLI Leader of the Future: How Do You Compare," Musings from the CU Suite blog
2014 Management and Leadership Institute