Save today for July 9 mortgage rules webcast
July 2, 2014 – Today is the last day to save $100 when registering for NAFCU’s July 9 webcast, “The 7th Rule: Unintended Consequences of the New, ‘Simplified’ Mortgage Disclosures.”
The webcast is aimed at helping credit unions make sense of CFPB’s requirements for the loan estimate and closing disclosure – changes that will require a complete overhaul of credit unions’ mortgage process.
The webcast begins at 2 p.m. Eastern July 9. Highlights include:
- how the new definition of the mortgage loan “application” affects credit unions;
- what credit unions should do now to ensure full compliance by Aug. 1, 2015;
- how to prequalify, preapprove and educate your members and realtors;
- the rule’s impact on niche products;
- how to build a quality control program to support the rule’s requirements; and
- what to do when errors occur.
The webcast will be led by Mortgage Cadence Chief Legal and Compliance Officer John Levonick and Venable LLP Partner Suzanne Garwood.
NAFCU’s on-demand webcasts are available for one year past the broadcast date and are included in the registration price.
NAFCU July 9 webcast