Business guru Spence returns for MLI
John Spence will discuss how to build a personal leadership development plan.
May 5, 2014 – Executive educator John Spence is back by popular demand to present his full-day workshop, “The Leader of the Future,” for emerging credit union leaders during NAFCU’s 2014 Management and Leadership Institute in Philadelphia.
“John Spence knows what it takes to become an outstanding leader,” said Anthony Demangone, NAFCU’s executive vice president and chief operating officer and a faculty member of this year’s MLI. “John will help attendees learn the critical leadership skills they need to take their game to the next level.”
Spence’s MLI opening day presentation will focus on how to create and implement an effective personal leadership development action plan. He has been recognized three times by Trust Across America as one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business Behavior. He is also the author of several books, including “Excellence by Design – The Six Key Characteristics of Outstanding Leaders.” Each MLI attendee will receive a free, signed copy of the book.
Attendees will also hear from NAFCU President and CEO Dan Berger and other industry leaders.
This year’s MLI courses will focus on:
• what a credit union leader needs to know about industry operations;
• each area of credit union strategy;
• effective management tactics and tools from successful credit union CEOs;
• gaining a solid understanding of credit union financial management; and
• creative communication techniques to successfully build relationships with credit union board members and colleagues.
MLI takes place Oct. 6-10 at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel and is open to NAFCU members and nonmembers. The deadline for early registration savings of $100 is Aug. 7.
Management and Leadership Institute