With all of the positive buzz surrounding credit unions, it's the perfect time to position the advantages of joining a credit union. This resource page provides you with free and low-cost tools to help you get your message out.
Free Statement Inserts and Poster
We have made the following inserts and poster available FREE to all credit unions to download and use the PDFs and/or content. The poster can be printed out in 22x28 size for your branch windows or shrunk to print smaller to use as flyers or however you choose. Customize it with your credit union name by replacing the editable field “Credit Union."
- The Credit Union Advantage - Statement Insert
- 10 Benefits of Credit Union Membership - Statement Insert
- The Credit Union Difference - Poster
NAFCU Press Releases
Download these timely press releases and articles for great content to use in your messaging.
Public Relations Tips
Throughout the year, there are many opportunities to promote the unique value of membership in not-for-profit, member-focused credit unions to prospective and existing members. Remember to integrate social media channels like Twitter and Facebook into your efforts.
Check out this CUInsight article for ideas: A Calendar for Connecting with Your Members in 2013
Some of the promotional ideas include:
- In June, which is National Homeownership Month, you may consider presenting a seminar on home buying fundamentals and financing options.
- In July, it may be the ideal time to help members create or review their financial goals to ensure their future financial independence.
- In September, which is Disaster Preparedness Month and College Savings Month, you can offer to help members create a financial preparedness plan or host a seminar on ways to pay for college.
Additionally, here are some recent articles and surveys that cite the benefits of credit unions.
NAFCU Members Only
FREE Credit Union Locator Enhanced Listing
NAFCU members receive a free enhanced listing on our credit union locator, CULookup.com. The site's traffic has increased by 350% since Bank of America and other banking giants announced plans to begin assessing debit-card and checking fees. Make sure your credit union's listing information is up-to-date!
FREE Video Ads
NAFCU members have access to free video ads that highlight the benefits of credit union membership. The ads can be customized with your credit union's information for $150. See all videos.
For more information on the video ads or CULookup.com, please contact NAFCU Services Corporation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell Us Your Success Story!
Tell us about your new member growth, opportunities and positive reactions you’ve had from your members. Contact NAFCU’s director of public relations Patty Briotta at 703-842-2820, email@example.com or NAFCU's communications coordinator Dana Kauffman at 703-842-2235, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with NAFCU