Live Webcast: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 • 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. EDT
On-Demand webcast expiration date: July 18, 2013
Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
NCCOs who submit an affidavit of attendance for this webcast to email@example.com will receive 1.5 continuing education units.
While incidental powers were expanded several years ago, some credit unions are not utilizing this regulation to its fullest potential and are missing out on valuable income opportunities. When used effectively, this rule can greatly enhance federal credit unions' ability to compete with other financial institutions and offer the best possible products and services to members.
Attorney Katherine Weber will explain how the NCUA interprets requests to include activities and provide an overview of how to best leverage incidental powers to deliver services to your members and other credit unions. Any credit union staff member tasked with earning additional income for the credit union, expanding operational services or managing product development/marketing/facilities management will benefit from this webcast.
By attending this webcast, you will walk away with:
- Insight on how to take advantage of income opportunities via incidental powers
- An understanding of incidental powers and how to apply for NCUA approval of an activity
- Insight on the types of requested activities that were approved in the past versus those that were denied
- Advice on when to employ incidental powers versus a CUSO
Industry Leading Speaker:
Katherine Weber, Esq.
The Weber Firm
Katherine Weber is the founder of The Weber Firm, LLC— a law firm with a practice focusing on the representation of credit unions and CUSOs. Weber has been representing credit unions and CUSOs for over 12 years. Through her practice, she has developed relationships with regulators, leagues and associations, as well as credit union vendors. These relationships have been instrumental in the representation of her clients in matters such as CUSO formation, offering non-traditional financial products, loan participation agreements, business lending/services and compliance, regulatory advocacy, contract negotiation and due diligence. Weber is a frequent presenter at various credit union conferences. She also participates in the monthly podcast, Current Issues in Credit Unions, where she has a segment titled, “The Big K Roundup”.
Credit union staff that will benefit from this webcast include:
- CEO and Presidents
- C-Level Executives
- Business Development, Product Managers, Product Developers and Purchasing Staff
- Compliance, Legal, Paralegals, Attorneys and Risk Staff
- Education and Learning Staff
- Information and Security Staff
- Lending, Loan, Mortgage and Real Estate Officers
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Communications, Public Relations and E-Commerce Staff
- Operations and Quality Control Staff
NAFCU's webcasts include live streaming video and audio of the presenters along with presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time and there is no dialing in over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
|NAFCU Member (Webcast Only)
|NAFCU Member (Webcast + CD)
|NAFCU Non-Member (Webcast Only)
|NAFCU Non-Member (Webcast + CD)
On-Demand webcasts are available for up to 12 months after the live broadcast and are included in the registration fee.
Broadcast live from NAFCU's Headquarters in Arlington, VA.