Cybersecurity remains a key supervisory focus for NCUA, resulting in the rollout of a new Automated Cybersecurity Examination Tool (ACET) in 2018. The tool is intended to improve and standardize supervision related to cybersecurity.
In this webinar, NCUA's Deputy Director, Office of Examination and Insurance Tim Segerson will cover cybersecurity issues facing the credit unions and ongoing efforts to bolster cybersecurity throughout the credit union system, including details of the new cybersecurity examination tool. The discussion will also cover NCUA's cybersecurity examination policy for 2018, its strategy for the future, as well as open Q&A at the end.
- Gain a broad outline of the current cybersecurity threat environment
- Understand NCUA's strategic vision on approaching cybersecurity in the credit union system
- Get a preview of the NCUA's ACET tool, which will be used during 2018
- Learn more about NCUA's specific examination approach and expectations for 2018
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance and internal audit staff
- Risk management staff
- IT and IT security staff
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Gain a broad outline of the current cybersecurity threat environment. Understand NCUAs strategic vision on approaching cybersecurity in the credit union system. Get a preview of the NCUAs ACET tool, which will be used during 2018. Learn more about NCUA's specific examination approach and expectations for 2018.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Management Services - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webinar date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webinar date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org.