Nacha recently issued eight proposals related to rule changes in authorization practices, consumer unauthorized return rights and the ways that information can be captured for records in the ACH Network. Additionally, rule implementations continue in 2020 and 2021 for the ACH Contact Registry, Same Day ACH, internet debits and data security. While business rolls on, the industry and the world continue to deal with the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of financial institutions, the ACH Network continues to move funds for salaries, Social Security, tax refunds, veterans benefits, insurance claim payments, pension payments, expense reimbursements—and handle the influx of payments related to the CARES Act. This session will provide attendees with the opportunity to ask questions related to ACH rules and the current Nacha direction.
- Walk through recently passed ACH Rule changes, including those that impact the amount of time in which a consumer may claim an entry as unauthorized
- Discuss innovation supported in the ACH Network, such as conversational payments (i.e., Alexa)
- Review covid related impacts on the ACH Network, enforcement and guidance provided related to recent, related scams
Register Now For On-Demand Access
Registration is complimentary, but you must register to attend.
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until October 16, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Compliance, legal, paralegal, attorney, risk and accounting staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Walk through recently passed ACH Rule changes, including those that impact the amount of time in which a consumer may claim an entry as unauthorized. Discuss innovation supported in the ACH Network, such as conversational payments (i.e., Alexa). Review covid related impacts on the ACH Network, enforcement and guidance provided related to recent, related scams.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.