Interest rate risk (IRR) is a core factor that impacts financial institutions' earnings and economic value. As interest rates rise from a historically low point, credit unions need to ensure they understand the drivers of interest rate risk, and have the ability to make timely adjustments to mitigate and manage the level of risk. Management needs an effective process that identifies, measures, monitors and controls interest rate risk.
This webinar is designed to help you understand key aspects of IRR management, including measuring, monitoring, and risk mitigation techniques.
- Assess whether your current measurement system captures all significant risk in your portfolio
- Identify key model assumptions and an approach to test reasonableness
- Understand the potential impact of a changing yield curve
- Review various approaches to mitigate interest rate risk
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until July 26, 2019.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Executive Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Financial Officers and executive management
- Finance staff
- Accounting staff
- Compliance staff
- Risk staff
- Internal Audit staff
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: During this webinar, participants will learn the fundamental basics of ACH, including: ACH Network structure, settlement, and terminology; participant roles, rights and responsibilities; ACH Debit and Credit characteristics and flows; standard Entry Class codes and appropriate uses; authorization requirements.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.