In this webinar you’ll learn how to identify, prevent, respond, and report scams and fraud targeting older adults. Though anyone can experience fraud and financial exploitation, scammers and other bad actors often target older adults. Explore why your older members may be at risk, who the abusers are, and red flags to identify scams and fraud. You will also hear about steps that older adults, their caregivers and loved ones, and credit union staff can take to spot and report financial exploitation if it does occur. In 5 Ways You Can Help Older Members Avoid Fraud and Financial Exploitation, you will get a baseline understanding of elder financial exploitation and what you can do about it. Topics covered include: defining elder financial exploitation, common types of fraud and scams, a snapshot of data about scams, prevention and reporting resources, including financial caregiving and Trusted Contacts.
- Learn the basics of elder financial exploitation, fraud, and scams.
- Review red flags and prevention resources for members, their caregivers and loved ones.
- Discover resources to help credit union staff spot, prevent, and report financial exploitation.
Register Now for On-Demand Access
Registration is complimentary, but you must register to attend.
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until June 28, 2023.
Go to the Online Training Center to access the webinar after purchase »
Who Should Attend
- Compliance, BSA and risk staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCRMs will recieve 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCBSOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in the webinar
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.0 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Senior Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: See key takeaways
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.0 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – Technical
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, DC. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.