The bankruptcy landscape has changed for 2018. In addition to significant CFPB Mortgage Servicing Rule changes regarding bankruptcy, the recent updates in federal rules and evolving case law are transforming the way credit unions view bankruptcy. There is now a National Model Plan and more stringent POC deadlines, procedures, and rule interpretation. Courts are analyzing and opining on the role and reach of the bankruptcy courts relating to state and federal law as well as the bankruptcy court’s own sanctioning power.
This webinar will review the universal changes to bankruptcy rules, recent controversial case law relating to secured and unsecured claims, and recent and upcoming Supreme Court rulings that will affect the way credit unions operate in bankruptcy.
- Learn about the effect of 2018 bankruptcy rule changes, including the National Model Plan, new POC deadlines and how all of this affects credit union lending
- Review real-life credit union hypotheticals and how these scenarios have been interpreted by various bankruptcy courts throughout the nation
- Analyze potential creative solutions when faced with a seemingly “no win,” no asset bankruptcy situation
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until April 10, 2019.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- Risk management staff
- Compliance staff
- Credit union employees responsible for lending, accounting or mortgages
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.0 CPE credit.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Learn about the effect of 2018 bankruptcy rule changes, including the National Model Plan, new POC deadlines and how all of this affects credit union lending. Review real-life credit union hypotheticals and how these scenarios have been interpreted by various bankruptcy courts throughout the nation. Analyze potential creative solutions when faced with a seemingly “no win,” no asset bankruptcy situation.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.0 credit
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webinar date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webinar date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org.