4 habits to break before year-end
There are two months left in 2017. For some, this might be welcoming thought; for others, it might mean stepping on the gas pedal in order to complete some goals and tasks before year-end.
In order to help leaders meet their 2017 goals, Fast Company contributors list four work habits to kick before the end of year so you can redirect your energy where you need it most.
The "habits to break" include:
- Being too hands on with work.
- Procrastinating on boring stuff.
- Too much screen time.
If you struggle with any of these "habits," the article details the gains you'll receive by breaking them. For example: Breaking the habit of being too hands on will help you become a big-picture leader. Other benefits to ending these habits include:
- If you stop procrastinating, you'll get down to the important stuff.
- If you stop micromanaging, you'll have time for building new skills.
- If you cut out some screen time, you'll have more time for hobbies and side-projects.
While the two-month mark might cause some feelings of panic if there is still a lot on your to-do list, it might also bring some extra motivation to help you get things done. And if you don't accomplish everything on your list, breaking these habits now can prepare you to hit the ground running in the new year.
Follow me on Twitter (@BDanBerger).