Leadership habits to practice now
Some people are born leaders, others have to work a little harder to carry a leadership role. Regardless, there is always room to grow.
Business Insider gives nine leadership habits anyone can practice and adopt today to become a better leader. They are:
1. Show enthusiasm. All leaders must be passionate and enthusiastic about their work. And not just for themselves Ã¢ÂÂ passion and enthusiasm will encourage your employees to follow you.
2. Be approachable. This starts with being a good listener.
3. Have a sense of purpose. Know where you want to go and what youÃ¢ÂÂll need to get there. If you have a clear plan, others will follow.
4. Be generous with praise. DonÃ¢ÂÂt be shy about giving others credit when they deserve it.
5. Communicate effectively. This isnÃ¢ÂÂt just talking. ItÃ¢ÂÂs getting to know others on a personal and emotional level and meeting their needs.
6. Be brave. DonÃ¢ÂÂt show fear when taking necessary risks.
7. Be humble. DonÃ¢ÂÂt have your employees do something you wouldnÃ¢ÂÂt do yourself. Help them out when necessary.
8. Be respectful. The Golden Rule Ã¢ÂÂ treat others as you want to be treated.
9. Be your true self. Be real with yourself. Every decision you make should sit well with your true, authentic self.
Being a good leader takes consistent practice, so I will be working to make these nine habits a part of my daily routine. The more we all practice these habits, the more they will become our natural responses and make us better leaders.