San Francisco, California
It's one of the country's most beautiful cities: San Francisco. The city is filled with amazing beauty, sitting on 44 hills offering spectacular bay views, foggy mornings, crisp nights, buzzing neighborhoods and a unique energy. San Francisco thrives on variety, from the mansions of Nob Hill to the hip Mission District to bustling Union Square. Take advantage of all San Francisco has to offer.
Where to Stay in San Francisco
Conference Hotel: Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square
335 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 | 888.627.8546
The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square is ideally located, being the only hotel directly on Union Square, and with a cable car stop right outside the doors. In fact, you'll be just a short walk from some of San Francisco's best shopping, nightlife and food, plus popular neighborhoods like Chinatown. And with a renovation completed in 2018, you'll enjoy your stunning room while taking in stunning views of the city. We’re even working with the hotel to ensure your safety on the property, so you can have the most incredible, worry-free experience possible.
RESERVATIONS: Rooms are only $299 plus 16.49% tax at the discounted NAFCU rate, expiring Friday, April 3, 2020. Reserve your room online or call the Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square at 888.627.8546 and mention NAFCU.
NOTE: Room reservations and fees are the responsibility of the registered attendee. Room rates and availability are not guaranteed. Rooms may be sold out prior to the reservation deadline, so please make your reservations early.
Your credit union may be eligible for a tax exemption at this hotel.
Download the NCUA tax exemption form »
San Francisco International Airport is 14 miles from the Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square.
Airfare and Car Rental Discounts
Special NAFCU-discounted travel rates are available.
- For United Airlines, visit the United Airlines website and enter ZHJU821479 in the Offer Code box, or call 800-426-1122.
- For Delta Airlines, visit the Delta Airlines website, select "Book Your Flight" and enter code NMTQB.
- For AVIS Car Rental, visit the Avis website or call 800-331-1600 and give the NAFCU Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) code B469299.
- For Budget Car Rental, visit the Budget website or call 800-842-5628 and give the Budget Customer Discount (BCD) code Y305099.
1. Golden Gate Bridge, one of the seven wonders of the modern world
2. Alcatraz, the infamous federal prison island that housed notorious convicts like Al Capone
3. Coit Tower, providing a 360-degree view of the city and bay from high atop Telegraph Hill
4. The "Painted Ladies," a row of quaintly-painted Victorian homes along Alamo Square, stunningly backdropped by downtown skyscrapers
5. Fisherman's Wharf, where seafood restaurants, shopping, and sun tanning sea lions all meet in one vibrant spot
The number of amazing restaurants in San Francisco is so high, they outnumber the quantity of ingredients in a chef’s kitchen. Here are some of our mouthwatering restaurants we suggest taking advantage of in the evenings after the conference.
- Saison: French for “season,” this three star restaurant offers a multi-course menu that changes seasonally to delight your palate with the freshest of ingredients
- Acquerello: Get creative with fine-dining and choose your own menu of three, four or five exquisite Italian courses
- Foreign Cinema: Flavor and a film! That’s what you can expect at this unique restaurant serving American and Mediterranean dishes
- Farallon: This is a prime coastal cuisine hotspot if you’re craving a wide selection of seafood options
- Lark Bistro & Wine Bar: This Mediterranean eatery has charm and character and is packed with variety to satisfy even the biggest appetite
- Alexander’s Steakhouse: This steakhouse is one of the few eateries that is certified and licensed to serve Authentic Kobe beef, dry-aged for 28 days resulting in impeccable flavor
- Spruce: Driven by the finest ingredients, this restaurant serves top-notch American dishes with your choice of over 2,500 wine selections to test your taste buds
In April, the average temperature in San Francisco is a mild 55°, with highs of 66° in the peak of the afternoon. We recommend wearing warm layers that can easily be added or removed. It's also worth packing an umbrella or light rain jacket.