Board Ethics. Code of Ethics. Code of Conduct. These are subjects that seem to be rarely talked about but there are more and more reports of fraud, embezzlement, and bribery. Many forget that the M in CAMEL is for "management" and NCUA is increasingly viewing ethical issues as a reflection on credit union boards as well as management.
This webinar will address many of the current questions and issues regarding board ethics. Hear real life stories and hypothetical examples for discussion. Included in the presentation will also be checklists and takeaways with suggested narratives that all credit unions can consider as they review, draft, or update their code of conduct.
- Gain a better understanding of ethics and codes of conduct
- Walk away with specific, suggested language for codes of conduct
- Uncover best practices for now and the future
- Understand NCUA's view and definition of gifts
- Learn about planning your code of conduct and how to address board ethics
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until May 16, 2019.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- Boards of directors
- Presidents and chief executive officers
- Compliance staff
- Risk management staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCVEs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Gain a better understanding of ethics and codes of conduct. Walk away with specific, suggested language for codes of conduct. Uncover best practices for now and the future. Understand NCUA's view and definition of gifts. Learn about planning your code of conduct and how to address board ethics.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.