This has been a busy year in terms of regulatory changes and policy developments with respect to BSA/AML compliance. Not since the aftermath of 9/11, have we seen this number of guidance documents, proposals, final rules and legislative initiatives, and the prospect of sweeping change in the BSA regulatory regime appears on the horizon. Hardly a day goes by without some new issuance, and AML compliance officers are challenged to keep pace with these regulatory and legislative developments. Meanwhile, financial institutions continue to face heightened scrutiny with respect to their AML compliance programs, and enforcement activity continues unabated. To add further complication, all of this has played out amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, requiring institutions (and their regulators) to quickly adapt to remote work arrangements, relying like never before on technology to do their jobs effectively. The Covid-19 pandemic has created its own set of challenges in the BSA/AML space, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Without question, this is one of the most difficult and challenging environments that financial institutions have ever faced.
In this webinar, we will discuss the latest regulatory guidance documents, supervisory expectations, proposed and final rules and the legislative landscape for BSA/AML. We will also discuss the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on BSA/AML compliance and what to expect moving forward.
- Walk through recent regulatory proposals, rules, guidance, alerts, and notices
- Examine the recent Suspicious Activity Report data breach
- Discuss the significant changes on the horizon for the BSA/AML regime
- Review the impact the pandemic had on heightened AML and fraud challenges
- Understand how new leadership at the regulatory agencies could impact policy in the BSA/AML area
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until November 12, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Bank Secrecy Officers (NCBSOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- BSA, AML staff
- Risk, audit, fraud staff
- NCBSOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Walk through recent regulatory proposals, rules, guidance, alerts, and notices. Examine the recent Suspicious Activity Report data breach. Discuss the significant changes on the horizon for the BSA/AML regime. Review the impact the pandemic had on heightened AML and fraud challenges. Understand how new leadership at the regulatory agencies could impact policy in the BSA/AML area.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.