An effective BSA/AML risk assessment is a vital step to building and maintaining a risk-based BSA/AML program, and efficiently managing compliance resources.
In today’s data-driven world, “check the box” risk assessments no longer suffice. Your credit union’s risk assessment should be specific to your institution – it must identify the specific risk factors and categories, including your credit union’s products, services, customers, entities and geographies. In addition, your risk assessment must evolve as your credit union and membership changes.
This webcast will provide you with a baseline understanding of how to perform an effective BSA/AML risk assessment that satisfies regulatory requirements and expectations. You'll also learn how to effectively monitor, control and mitigate the risks you face.
- Learn the basics of the process of conducting a risk assessment
- Discover the key considerations for preparing a risk assessment unique to your credit union
- Understand the expected final product of risk assessments
- Develop clear written conclusions and methodologies that are supported by data and documentation
- Anticipate examiner expectations/questions, and plan how to respond to them
- Address likely challenges and avoid regulatory criticism or enforcement action
$350 Members | $450 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until September 12, 2018.
Already purchased? Go to the Online Training Center to view now.
Who Should Attend?
- BSA, Risk and Compliance staff
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCBSOs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Join this webinar to learn the basics of the process of conducting a risk assessment. You’ll discover the key considerations for preparing a risk assessment unique to your credit union, and better understand the expected final product of risk assessments, including clear written conclusions and methodologies that are supported by data and documentation. In addition, you’ll be more prepared for examiner expectations/questions.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Management Advisory Services
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webinar date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webinar date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org.