The cannabis industry continues to pose a fascinating mix of competing opportunities and risks – particularly from an anti-money laundering (AML) perspective. Changing societal opinions and business opportunities can conflict with daunting legal landscapes and a spectrum of potential risks. Navigating the AML risks can be particularly difficult.
- Review the current status of cannabis and hemp laws: the state vs. federal regimes
- Discuss recent enforcement actions involving cannabis
- Understand how to manage the specific AML risks presented to credit unions
- Walk through possible legislative reform for cannabis and financial services
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until July 9, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Compliance staff
- Risk staff
- Audit staff
- Legal staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCBSOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Review the current status of cannabis and hemp laws: the state vs. federal regimes. Discuss recent enforcement actions involving cannabis. Understand how to manage the specific AML risks presented to credit unions. Walk through possible legislative reform for cannabis and financial services.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.