On June 2016, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued Accounting Standards Update No. 2016-03, Financial Instruments – Credit Losses (Topic 326). This new accounting standard, commonly referred to as the Current Expected Credit Loss Model (CECL), will have a substantial impact on all financial institutions and will dramatically affect the Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss (ALLL) calculation. Furthermore, the standard will negatively impact the net worth ratio for most credit unions. Join this crucial webinar for an in-depth understanding of the new standard and how it can impact your credit union. You'll explore ALLL methodology, interagency guidance and learn how to plan for CECL adaptation.
|NAFCU Member (Webinar Only)||$350|
|NAFCU Member (Webinar + CD)||$400|
|NAFCU Nonmember (Webinar Only)||$450|
|NAFCU Nonmember (Webinar + CD)||$500|
- Understand the new standard and how it may impact your credit union
- Explore possible ALLL methodologies and calculations
- Begin planning for CECL adoption
Who Should Attend
- Chief Operations Officers
- Chief Risk Officers
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Join this crucial webinar for an in-depth understanding of the new standard and how it can impact your credit union. You'll explore ALLL methodology, interagency guidance and learn how to plan for CECL adaptation.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Accounting
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webinar date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webinar date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to email@example.com.