FASB's new accounting standard related to calculating the allowance for loan losses known as CECL will require significant changes for credit unions. There continues to be new guidance on methods for implementation. This webinar will review the most recent updates as well as key items for implementation.
- Review condensed timeline and current information related to the current effective credit loss (CECL) method
- Discuss auditor and examiner expectations related to CECL
- Walk through updated timeline of implementation
- Identify options for calculating the allowance for loan losses (ALL)
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until February 5, 2020.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Chief Financial Officers
- Vice Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents and Executive Vice Presidents of Finance
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Review condensed timeline and current information related to the current effective credit loss (CECL) method. Discuss auditor and examiner expectations related to CECL. Walk through updated timeline of implementation. Identify options for calculating the allowance for loan losses (ALL).
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Accounting - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.