It is becoming more common for credit unions to create an affiliated charitable foundation. Among other reasons, a foundation can serve to (1) enhance the effectiveness of a credit union’s philanthropy by creating a vehicle to attract outside donors, and (2) enhance a credit union’s reputation and brand.
This webinar will provide you with an understanding of the nuts and bolts of creating and operating a charitable foundation.
- Identify how to form a foundation affiliated with your credit union
- Understand the difference between private foundation vs. public charity status
- Review how to obtain IRC § 501(c)(3) status for your credit union foundation
- Discuss the federal and state laws that your credit union foundation must comply with
- Learn more about income taxation and prohibited activities for your foundations
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until October 31, 2020
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view.
Who Should Attend?
- Presidents, Chief Executive Officers
- Executive Vice Presidents
- Chief Operating Officers
- Board Chairs
- Board members
- CU Attorneys
- Compliance staff
- Risk staff
- No NAFCU Credits and No CPE Credits
National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.