The consumer reporting industry has changed significantly over the last several years for financial institutions large and small. The CFPB has continued to focus enforcement efforts on this space. And as cases continue to make their way through the courts, the legal landscape has shifted, putting additional pressure on financial institutions to make sure their compliance program is sound.
In this educational webinar, you'll receive an overview of the latest considerations and best practices to start—or improve upon—your consumer reporting management compliance program. You'll get recommended actions for monitoring and improving data quality, including a detailed eight-stage consumer reporting validation process, rich with examples. You’ll receive best practices when it comes to ensuring you have a compliant disputes-handling process and establishing a solid understanding of how your credit union is using consumer reporting data.
- Gain an understanding of the current environment, as well as contributing factors to the importance of consumer reporting and disputes compliance
- Get insights related to how top organizations are ensuring their consumer reporting data is accurate
- Receive answers to common questions/challenges related to consumer reporting disputes
- Develop clear written conclusions and methodologies that are supported by data and documentation
- Discover best practices to enhance the accuracy of consumer reporting, including an 8-stage validation process
$350 Members | $450 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until September 26, 2018.
Already purchased? Go to the Online Training Center to view now.
Who Should Attend?
- Risk and Compliance staff
- Collections staff
- Lending staff
- NCCOs, NCRMs, and CPAs
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Join this webcast to learn the basics of the process of conducting a risk assessment. You’ll discover the key considerations for preparing a risk assessment unique to your credit union, and better understand the expected final product of risk assessments, including clear written conclusions and methodologies that are supported by data and documentation. In addition, you’ll be more prepared for examiner expectations/questions.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Management Advisory Services
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webinar date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webinar date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to email@example.com.