As the COVID-19 health crisis lingers, businesses continue to look to insurance for protection against losses due to revenue loss, cancelled events, government shutdown orders, and other coronavirus-related losses and resulting litigation. Join two Hunton Andrews Kurth insurance coverage attorneys, Sergio F. Oehninger and Geoffrey Fehling, as they discuss the complex issues involving insurance for COVID-19 losses.
Attendees will leave this webinar with a better understanding of what policies may provide coverage for losses incurred during and after the COVID-19 pandemic; the importance of reviewing insurance policies to evaluate the adequacy of coverage both before and after a loss arises; and practical tips to navigate tricky areas such as notice, loss submissions and policy renewals.
- Discuss the myth of “No coverage for COVID-19” that insurers and traditional media outlets are saying
- Review policies before a claim arises to be prepared and protected by insurance for the next loss
- Discuss COVID-19 claims tied to shutdown orders, business closures, loss of use of business facilities and similar suspended operations
Register Now For On-Demand Access
Registration is complimentary, but you must register to attend.
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until October 20, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Chief Operating Officers (COOs)
- Chief Financial Officers (CFOs)
- Risk staff
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Discuss the myth of “No coverage for COVID-19” that insurers and traditional media outlets are saying. Review policies before a claim arises to be prepared and protected by insurance for the next loss. Discuss COVID-19 claims tied to shutdown orders, business closures, loss of use of business facilities and similar suspended operations.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge – Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.