The European Union’s General Data Protection Act and New York’s Cybersecurity Regulations for financial institutions have a significant impact on the way in which organizations worldwide must manage, protect and handle their personal data. This webinar will explain how companies worldwide may be impacted, regardless of location. Our expert speaker will break down both regulations into their core components and explain the key points that credit unions should be aware of as well as the necessary steps that should be taken to ensure compliance.
Get your questions answered, including:
- How did the GDPR and 23 NYCCR 500 regulations come about?
- What are the key requirements credit unions should know?
- What are the most challenging aspects of complying with the regulations?
- What impact do the regulations have on third party vendors?
- What are the risks and penalties associated with non-compliance?
- When must organizations comply?
- Where do the regulations overlap with each other?
- Identify the essential resources and skill-sets necessary to comply with these complicated rules.
- Learn how the mandated use of certain technologies may impact your credit union's IT strategy and roadmap.
- Understand what actions your credit union needs to take now in order to meet the demanding compliance timelines.
- Discover how IT specialists, security experts, attorneys, document management experts and external consultants should work together to build a successful compliance program.
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until January 24, 2019.
Already purchased? Go to the Online Training Center to view now.
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance, risk and BSA staff
- IT staff
- Internal auditors
- CU staff attorneys
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCBSOs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Identify the essential resources and skill-sets necessary to comply with these complicated rules. Learn how the mandated use of certain technologies may impact your credit union's IT strategy and roadmap. Understand what actions your credit union needs to take now in order to meet the demanding compliance timelines. Discover how IT specialists, security experts, attorneys, document management experts and external consultants should work together to build a successful compliance program.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Information Technology – Technical; Regulatory Ethics – Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webinar date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webinar date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to email@example.com.