According to the 2018 FFIEC Management Handbook, the "board of directors sets the tone and direction for an institution's use of IT." What does your Credit Union Board need to be doing to demonstrate that they value the cybersecurity risk in your Information Security Program and can meet the "credible challenge to management" threshold? The board should approve the IT strategic plan, information security program, and other IT-related policies. To carry out their responsibilities, board members should understand the IT activities and risks within the credit union.
This webinar will explore the latest in FFIEC guidance, examiner expectations, and the cybersecurity landscape.
- Review best practices to meet the credible challenge to management
- Learn what you should be asking for and receiving from management
- Discuss the latest in cybersecurity failures
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until September 19, 2020.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view.
Who Should Attend?
- Board members
- Board chairs and Vice-Chairs
- Presidents and Chief Executive Officers
- Executive Vice Presidents
- Chief Operating Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Technology Officers
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCVEs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Review best practices to meet the credible challenge to management. Learn what you should be asking for and receiving from management. Discuss the latest in cybersecurity failures.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study:
1. Regulatory Ethics – Technical
2. Information Technology - Technical
National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.