The Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA) provides protections to consumers in connection with most electronic payments that debit or credit the consumer’s asset account. The provisions of this law impose obligations (and liability) chiefly on the financial institution holding the consumer’s account.
Though the EFTA has had some small changes in the last decade, substantial changes in the way consumers use financial services over the same period has driven keen interest in this area by regulators. This includes the CFPB. The Bureau has given close attention to deposit-related issues in its examination and enforcement activity and much of what the Bureau has focused on publicly relates to practices governed by the EFTA.
This webinar will provide an overview of several key aspects of the EFTA and its implementing regulation (Regulation E). You’ll also be provided with takeaways and insight into areas in which the Bureau has recently focused.
- Consumer liability for unauthorized transactions;
- Error resolution issues;
- Stop payments for Pre-authorized EFTs;
- Record retention; and
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until June 11, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Compliance staff
- Risk staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Consumer liability for unauthorized transactions; Error resolution issues; Stop payments for Pre-authorized EFTs; Record retention; and Remittances.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.