Financial exploitation, abuse and neglect of older adults have increased substantially over the years and it is essential to identify red flags of these types of elder abuse towards your credit union members.
This webinar will provide a baseline understanding of how to detect red flags, and perform appropriate referrals to Adult Protective Services and/or law enforcement agencies as well as develop internal training initiatives to raise employee awareness. Proactive estate planning solutions will also be discussed.
- Identify financial exploitation, abuse and neglect of credit union members
- Establish best practices for appropriate reporting with your credit union
- Develop training initiatives to raise employee awareness
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until April 5, 2019.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance, risk, BSA staff
- Credit Union staff attorneys
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCBSOs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Identify financial exploitation, abuse and neglect of credit union members. Establish best practices for appropriate reporting with your credit union. Develop training initiatives to raise employee awareness.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webinar date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webinar date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to email@example.com.