Elder abuse is an increasingly hot topic in the financial industry. It is often difficult to navigate the multitude of state laws to protect your credit union and your member. This session will help you in becoming efficient in the identification and triage of elder financial exploitation.
- Identify elder financial abuse.
- Conduct investigations and mitigate member loss.
- Engage law enforcement and craft effective suspicious activity reporting (SAR) narratives.
- Leverage multi-disciplinary teams.
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until June 10, 2022.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Bank Secrecy Officers (NCBSOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- BSA titles
- Compliance titles
- Risk titles
- NCRMs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCCOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCBSOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.0 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Identify elder financial abuse. Conduct investigations and mitigate member loss. Engage law enforcement and craft effective suspicious activity reporting (SAR) narratives. Leverage multi-disciplinary teams.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.0 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.