Elder financial exploitation poses a serious threat to your older members. Perpetrators range from close family members to offshore scammers. Frauds and scams are always changing. But credit unions are well-positioned to spot signs of elder financial abuse and to respond when they see it. The BCFP and its Office for Older Americans have numerous resources that can help you, including interagency guidance on privacy laws, recommendations on steps credit unions can take to combat this common danger, and educational materials for older adults and their caregivers. This webinar will give you an overview of these resources and discuss core elements for training credit union staff.
- Understand the basics of elder financial exploitation and how you can spot it
- Learn how you can use the BCFP recommendations when evaluating your credit union’s practices
- Review a broad range of resources that your credit union can use
- Discuss how to collaborate with other community stakeholders
Registration is free, but you must register to attend
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until January 29, 2020.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- NAFCU Certified Bank Secrecy Officer (NCBSOs)
- Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers and executive management
- Compliance, risk, auditing, legal, lending, operations and finance staff
- Credit union attorneys
- Credit union examiners
- BSA Officers
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCBSOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Understand the basics of elder financial exploitation and how you can spot it.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics- Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.