Financial Institutions have been evaluating what services and procedures they can migrate into digital channels for some time, but those decisions have taken on new urgency in the age of social distancing under COVID-19. Many financial institutions are exploring online account opening, moving execution of customer agreements to online channels, and exploring vendors and technology solutions to help achieve these goals.
This session will provide an overview of the U.S. law on electronic signatures and electronic contracting, and address steps to ensure compliance with E-SIGN and legal enforceability of electronic signatures. The presentation will also address unique considerations in certain types of electronic transactions, such as consumer and commercial loan transactions involving real estate and unique issues regarding remote online notarization and electronic recording challenges for these transactions.
- Learn what the legal requirements are for E-SIGN compliance and enforceability
- Discuss key language to include in customer-facing agreements for electronic signatures
- Review special considerations for real estate consumer and commercial lending
Register Now For On-Demand Access
Registration is complimentary, but you must register to attend.
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until June 29, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Compliance staff
- Risk staff
- Legal staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCBSOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Learn what the legal requirements are for E-SIGN compliance and enforceability. Discuss key language to include in customer-facing agreements for electronic signatures. Review special considerations for real estate consumer and commercial lending.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.