Employee fraud has become a serious and persistent cause of financial losses and reputational damage to organizations of all kinds – especially in the financial services industry. Employees are committing crimes such as embezzlement, check fraud, falsification of financial statements, collusion with corrupt vendors and, as recently highlighted by the FBI, “business E-mail compromise” schemes.
Making matters worse, technology has given dishonest workers new ways to steal money, sensitive information, and even hard assets from credit unions. The good news? There are ways to both detect and protect against most forms of employee fraud and misconduct. Join this webinar to learn how to identify potential fraud perpetrators in your organization, detect signs of specific schemes against CU’s, and create/enforce robust controls that will eliminate opportunities for fraud.
- Analyze a statistical illustration of the growing fraud threat
- Learn the most common forms of employee fraud currently
- Know how to identify the all-important red flags of fraud
- Discover critical tools and techniques for fraud detection
- Develop and implement anti-fraud controls, and best practices
$350 Members | $450 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until October 24, 2019.
Already purchased? Go to the Online Training Center to view now.
Who Should Attend
- Chief Operations Officers
- Compliance/Risk/BSA staff
- Attorney staff
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCBSOs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Join this webcast to analyze a statistical illustration of the growing fraud threat, and learn the most common forms of employee fraud currently. You’ll better understand how to identify the all-important red flags of fraud, and discover critical tools and techniques for fraud detection. In addition, you’ll learn how to develop and implement anti-fraud controls, and best practices.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Management Advisory Services
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webcasts
Our webcasts are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webcast date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webcast date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org.