The large-scale Equifax breach will be a major headline for quite some time—and rightfully so. It has affected an estimated 143 million consumers, and jeopardized credit card numbers for about 209,000 people, as well as dispute documents for about 182,000 consumers. With this massive amount of sensitive, personal information exposed, it’s vital that your credit union performs proper due diligence on this situation.
Join NAFCU staff and Reed & Jolly attorney David Reed for this free webcast to receive all the essential information you need to prepare your credit union for the data breach aftermath. You'll learn what questions to ask, and what preparations your credit union should undergo to protect you and your members.
- Discover what programs to put in place to assist your members
- How to do your due diligence when using Equifax in the future
- Know what you’re liable for, and how to ensure you have the appropriate coverage for any fraud claims
Register Now for Free On-Demand Access
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view now. Webinar expires September 28, 2018.
NOTE: All Access Pass and Online Compliance Training subscribers will automatically have access to this free webcast.
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Credit union attorney staff
- Compliance, Risk, and BSA staff
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCBSOs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Join this webinar to learn the necessary steps to ensure your credit union isn't a victim of fraud. You’ll discover what programs you can have in place to assist your members, and learn how to do your due diligence when using Equifax in the future. In addition, you’ll discover what you’re liable for and how to ensure you have the appropriate coverage for any fraud claims.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Management Advisory Services
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webinar date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webinar date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to email@example.com.