Ensuring your credit union lending practices are consistent with fair lending laws is critical. Federal regulators are still examining fair lending issues. State attorney generals and regulators have also indicated that they will increase efforts to root out lending discrimination. Consumer groups have also stepped up their efforts to assess financial institution lending practices.
This webinar will help you understand supervisory expectations and provide practical tips on how to control and mitigate fair lending risks.
- Identify and anticipate regulatory expectations regarding fair lending risk management, and learn how to meet those expectations
- Understand the current regulatory approach for assessing fair lending risk
- Best practices for maintaining a fair lending program
- Review recent rulemaking developments
- Discuss the impact of new HMDA rules on fair lending analytics
- Learn how to navigate through fair lending complaints
- Walk through examination and enforcement insights
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until March 28, 2020.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Credit union compliance staff
- Risk managers and staff
- Lending, operations, and finance staff
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Identify and anticipate regulatory expectations regarding fair lending risk management, and learn how to meet those expectations. Understand the current regulatory approach for assessing fair lending risk. Best practices for maintaining a fair lending program. Review recent rulemaking developments. Discuss the impact of new HMDA rules on fair lending analytics. Learn how to navigate through fair lending complaints. Walk through examination and enforcement insights.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.