Have an Expert in Your Neighborhood with Genworth MI
At Genworth, we’re here to help you get the best mortgage insurance products and services for your members that keep you relevant in today’s challenging marketplace.
When you work with Genworth Mortgage Insurance, you partner with our seasoned team of professionals who have the expertise to help you originate local mortgage loans with confidence.
This is what “Good to CU” is all about for us. It’s about sharing our resources, local knowledge, and expertise to help your members achieve the dream of homeownership.
Products and Services
Private mortgage insurance protects your credit union from loss in the event of borrower default. No matter which mortgage insurance product you choose, the result is the same – faster loan approval, lower down payments, and more security for your credit union versus government loans. And the best part about mortgage insurance is it’s temporary, meaning your members can cancel it after building sufficient equity in their homes.
We offer traditional MI products like borrower-paid MI and lender-paid MI. We also provide several programs and resources to help you and your members:
- Homebuyer Privileges® – Our popular Homebuyer Privileges offers your members discounts and rebates – valued up to $7,500 – on the things they need most for their new home like paint, appliances, and movers. And, best of all, there’s no cost to participate!
- First-Time Homebuyer Resource – Our downloadable First-Time Homebuyer Kit provides educational materials for your members to help turn them into smarter homeowners. Our First-Time Homebuyer Market Report also provides tons of insights into overarching trends with first-time homebuyers. Find all the resources here.
- Portfolio Lending Support – Genworth offers several MI products that fit your portfolio lending needs including jumbo loans, loans for professionals, high-LTV loan programs, renovation and construction to perm loans.
- Affordable Housing Products – We work with many Affordable Housing Programs like HomeReady®, Home Possible®, and HFA to help more families get access to affordable housing.
- Homeowner Assistance Program – Through our Homeowner Assistance Program, Genworth professionals work one-on-one with borrowers and their lenders to help structure loan workout programs for borrowers who experience a financial hardship.
- Other Products – Pledged asset mortgages, Homebuyer Education course, and training for lenders. Learn more.
Not currently partnered with Genworth? We’ll make it easy. Connect with our Credit Union Segment Manager through the contact form above to get started.
Genworth Mortgage Insurance offers a comprehensive suite of training opportunities to increase your knowledge and better serve your members. Our training includes the most current information about the mortgage industry, market conditions, and regulatory environment. You can access our webinars online either live or recorded, as well as schedule structured industry seminars for your organization. View the upcoming webinar schedule here.
We started working on the First-Time Homebuyer Market Report in 2015. The question was both simple and important: how many homes are sold to first-time homebuyers in a given quarter? We then raised the bar higher still: by extending the quarterly series back to 1994, and reporting the latest data with a minimal lag. Our approach is different from others in that we rely on government reports and industry sources. We believe this is a breakthrough, one that will help the housing industry and policymakers gain insights into the first-time homebuyer market. This report is a testament to our commitment to the first-time homebuyer market.
-Tian Liu, Chief Economist at Genworth Mortgage Insurance
View the Most Recent Report