Credit unions across the country rely on their partnership with Genworth for innovative mortgage insurance products and services to meet the challenges of today's marketplace.
At Genworth Mortgage Insurance, our skilled seasoned team of credit union professionals come from the industry, so we understand what matters most to you.
Our goal is simple: To help you serve your members better every day.
That's what "Good to CU" is all about. It's about bringing all of our expertise and resources to bear in a way that helps you continually evaluate, anticipate and meet your members' changing needs.
Products and Services
Private Mortgage Insurance is an insurance policy that protects your credit union from loss due to a member defaulting on the loan. No matter which mortgage insurance product you choose the result is the same—adding mortgage insurance can make a difference in how quickly a mortgage loan is approved, and it can help your members qualify with a minimal down payment. What's more, because mortgage insurance is temporary insurance, a member can cancel it after building sufficient equity in the home.
- Borrower Paid MI – We offer flexible options enabling homebuyers to put little money down on a home... with the simplicity of one loan. Learn more.
- Lender Paid MI – The lender pays the mortgage insurance premium instead of the borrower. It can be a great choice for borrowers interested in an alternative to combo/piggyback loans or traditional borrower paid MI. Learn more.
- Relocation Assistance –We offer a relocation solutionthat includes a discount on our already competitive credit union rates and access to our most flexible guidelines to help you expand your market and pursue more mortgage business from members relocated by corporate and military employers. Check out our customized value proposition for our military-focused credit unions. Learn more!
- Other products – Affordable Housing, Pledged Asset Mortgages, Construction to Permanent Loan Program. Learn more.
- Homeowner Assistance Program – Through our Homeowner Assistance Program, Genworth professionals work one-on-one with borrowers and their lenders to help structure loan workout programs for borrowers who experience a financial hardship.
- Homebuyer Privileges® – Our popular Homebuyer Privileges program is a great way to boost your originations and build customer loyalty. The program offers your members discounts and rebates—valued up to $3,500—on the things they need most for their new home. And, best of all, there’s no cost to participate. Differentiate yourself from the competition!
Want more information on how easy it is to become a participating lender? Contact your Genworth representative today by using the contact form above.
Genworth Mortgage Insurance offers a comprehensive suite of training opportunities to boost your know-how, benefit your bottom line, and serve your borrowers better. Training includes the most current information about the mortgage and mortgage insurance industries, market conditions and regulatory environment delivered via classroom, webinar, recorded presentation or structured industry seminar. Learn more.
NAFCU members receive Genworth’s exclusive Homebuyer Education in a Box. This professionally designed kit is chock-full of information and ideas to help your team execute education sessions for existing members or prospects. The kit includes everything your team will need: materials to market the event, content and speaker’s notes for delivering the session and tools to follow up with attendees afterwards. Contact us to learn more.