Do you know what is required when a member or a non-member reports their identity has been stolen? Each credit union is required to have a written identity theft program in place to identify, detect and respond to incidents of identity theft. This webinar will review items necessary to have a successful identity theft program and will show how internal controls play a major role.
- Identify items considered to be red flags
- Learn how to spot suspicious documents
- Recognize inconsistent patterns that may prove to be identity theft
- Review FACTA (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act) and the accounts that are covered under this act
- Discuss risk assessments
- Walk through regulatory requirements
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until May 12, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Presidents and Chief Executive Officers
- C-level executives and Vice Presidents
- Risk, audit, and senior compliance staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Identify items considered to be red flags. Learn how to spot suspicious documents. Recognize inconsistent patterns that may prove to be identity theft. Review FACTA (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act) and the accounts that are covered under this act. Discuss risk assessments. Walk through regulatory requirements.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.