Is content king? No, in today’s world, information rules the roost. And who you give information to can impact member service, compliance, privacy issues and other facets of your operations. This webinar will go through various account ownership, legal process and operational scenarios to help shed light on who you should be talking to, and who you shouldn’t, about your members’ accounts and loans. Topics covered will include: account ownership and vesting, decedent accounts, trusts, subpoena processes, law enforcement inquiries and other information requests commonly received by your credit union.
- Identify types of information requests
- Look at scenarios to develop a framework for processing information requests
- Develop an understanding of the legal principles behind legal process and account ownership
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for USB)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until November 9, 2022.
Go to the Online Training Center to access the webinar after purchase »
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Bank Secrecy Officers (NCBSOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Compliance, BSA, and risk titles
- NCCOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCBSOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCRMs will recieve 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.0 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: See key takeaways
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.0 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – Technical
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.