It seems like a daily occurrence that fraud is reported in credit union industry publications. This session will review actual frauds that have occurred at credit unions as well as red flags that will assist credit unions in identifying fraud. The session will discuss the value of internal controls in protecting credit unions.
- Discover key internal controls that credit unions can implement to limit the risk of fraud
- Discuss actual fraud cases
- Review recent fraud statistics to understand where fraud is occurring and how it is identified
- Learn which red flags to look for at your credit union to identify potential fraud
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until July 24, 2020
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- NAFCU Certified Bank Secrecy Officers (NCBSOs)
- Presidents and Chief Executive Officers
- Compliance and risk staff
- BSA staff
- Credit Union staff attorneys
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Discover key internal controls that credit unions can implement to limit the risk of fraud. Discuss actual fraud cases. Review recent fraud statistics to understand where fraud is occurring and how it is identified. Learn which red flags to look for at your credit union to identify potential fraud.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.