Treating applicants fairly and consistently in the credit process is vital to the well-being of your credit union. You should have a compliance plan in place to avoid discrimination on a protected class basis and otherwise meet the requirements for the granting and/or denial of credit for applicants.
This webinar will provide you with a baseline understanding of the issues your institution will need to address when offering credit to both consumers and businesses.
- Review do’s and don’ts for your credit application process
- Discuss requirements for your application decisions and adverse action notices
- Walk through tips and guidelines for monitoring your underwriting process and record retention practices
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until June 4, 2020.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Risk taff
- Compliance Staff
- Operations Management Staff
- Credit Union Attorneys
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
- NCCO credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
- NCRM credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Review do’s and don’ts for your credit application process. Discuss requirements for your application decisions and adverse action notices. Walk through tips and guidelines for monitoring your underwriting process and record retention practices
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: Yes; 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.