The credit union industry is entering uncharted territory, similar in feel to the pre-Great Recession years. Loan growth has been strong while deposit growth is slowing. At the same time rates are changing and options for members are increasing. Taking the time to think strategically about the liquidity issues facing the industry and individual credit unions allows boards and management to make better strategic decisions rather than reactionary decisions.
In this webinar, we will discuss how more robust liquidity planning can better position your credit union's business model to remain viable in the future.
- Understand the multiple levers a credit union can utilize as a strategic response to liquidity issues
- Learn the importance of testing options for the credit union's unique structure as part of the strategic liquidity planning—from a short-term and long-term view
- Review questions board members should ask and understand in regards to the credit union's strategic liquidity policy
- Identify creative ways to keep members engaged with the credit union
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until August 13, 2019.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- Board Members
- Board Chairs, Vice Chairs, Secretaries, Treasurers
- Presidents and Chief Executive Officers
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Understand the multiple levers a credit union can utilize as a strategic response to liquidity issues. Learn the importance of testing options for the credit union's unique structure as part of the strategic liquidity planning—from a short-term and long-term view. Review questions board members should ask and understand in regards to the credit union's strategic liquidity policy. Identify creative ways to keep members engaged with the credit union.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Finance - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.