It’s a classic dilemma – limited supply and growing demand create a seller’s market, driving prices higher. Credit unions, as well as other financial institutions, seeking to supplement organic growth with higher yields have turned to buying and selling loans, both whole loans and participations, to position their balance sheets for long-term success.
In this webinar, experienced professionals will share the latest trends driving the loan trading, discuss why a consistent loan modeling and valuation process is vital, and highlight best practices for both buyers and sellers. We’ll also discuss how your credit union can adjust the composition of its balance sheet and potentially improve profitability through whole loan sales and participations. In addition we’ll cover the NCUA’s loan participation regulations.
- Understand the drivers behind today's loan market.
- Discover the tools needed to analyze risk adjusted returns.
- Identify opportunities for increasing diversification of your loan portfolio.
- Learn how a disciplined valuation process can improve your outcomes.
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until September 14, 2022.
Go to the Online Training Center to access the webinar after purchase »
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Risk titles
- NCRMs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Senior Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: See key takeaways
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.0 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge – Technical
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.