Even in the current regulatory environment, mortgage servicing compliance is still a top priority for credit unions. The BCFP and other federal regulators are conducting significant mortgage servicing examinations and pursuing enforcement actions. State AGs also continue to actively investigate mortgage servicing practices, focusing primarily on practices related to default servicing.
This webinar will help you understand supervisory expectations and provide practical tips on how to control for risks and navigate areas of regulatory focus in mortgage servicing.
- Identify and anticipate mortgage servicing supervisory expectations and how to meet those expectations
- Understand the new federal administration’s approach to supervision and enforcement and the increasing role of state agencies as consumer financial protection watchdogs
- Review best practices for strong compliance management systems and proactive risk assessments to prevent regulatory scrutiny and investigations
- Walk through developments in mortgage servicing examinations and areas of concern
- Discuss mortgage servicing practices in the aftermath of natural disasters
Access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until January 8, 2020.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Compliance staff
- Risk staff
- Mortgage staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Learn more about mortgage servicing supervisory expectations.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics- Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.